Thursday, August 22, 2013

Trip to California: Day 1 Lego Land

So, since Jess was gone for the summer...and he's not a big fan of the beach (on account of him being worried the entire time that all the kids are going to drown and what-not).  
I decided we'd make the most of his time away and take a trip to California!  
What makes it even better is that I had so much help!  Andrea drove out with me, Julie flew in later, and we hung out with Melodie, Justin, B.J. and Kara! 
 I should ALWAYS take vacations with a 1:1 ratio of kids to adults :)  
Here are some of our highlights:

DAY 1:  LEGO LAND!
This was Julie's amazing idea. And what made it even more AMAZING, was that the day we went there it was Teacher Appreciation Day: Melodie's a kindergarten teacher so BAM! 
 She was free and all our tickets were like half price!  Woo Woo! 
(Andrea found out that little gem, she's so smart.)

Here 's everyone waiting in line.  The lines were all really fast and the kids were happy the entire day. 
It was amazing---due largely to the fact that 
Melodie took Kade and Luke on the big rides (like PROJECT X and other biggies),

Andrea mainly stayed with Rhett for his rides, 
and Max and I could be the homebase as we made our way through the park.  
(Which is great cause turns out I get all sorts of pansy sick on rides now.)


It get's better. The theme was LEGO STAR WARS!  Say-WHAT?  That was awesome. They had characters wandering around the park and lego creations of Chubacca and R2D2 and what not.

This Anikan was super in character...just meandered up with his somber face and did that death grip thingy.  So I snapped a picture.  Also I laughed really hard when I downloaded the picture cause I didn't realize Luke was doing the death grip too. HA!

So, there's a little water section of rides at the park right?  Me, Andrea, and the 3 older boys all decided to go on the Log Flume ride they have---kind of like Splash Mountain.  (Rhett was so excited he was tall enough for this one).  Walking up to the ride they had a warning sign about getting wet...but it should have said this: 

Caution:
You will get completely and utterly drenched 
during this ride and will stay wet all day.  
Not like splash mountain 'wet', 
but like you willingly jumped in the pool with all your clothes on 'wet'.

Rhett was so cute to watch. He was so brave as we were going up, up, up...and raised his hands and laughed and everything (ignorance is bliss approach). As we started to tip I watched his face slowly turn from smiles, to concern, to panic and then I didn't see anything cause we had several giant tidal waves cover us.  In the end he said he liked it, but didn't want to do it again anytime soon.  

Once out, we saw that Melodie had the same idea with Max and they were both wet from playing in the splash pad.  As we walked away from the water section of the park we saw Family Dryers.  It looked so space-age-ish.  You paid your money and 5 or so people would walk into a cubby that would blow warm air on you....we didn't do it but it was fancy.

Another of the boys favorites was getting their Driver Licenses.
Kade and Luke had a large scale drivers range, and Rhett had a little track. Rhett was killing me cause he hadn't had much 'experience' so to speak so he was stuck for quite awhile before things got moving.

Definitely a perfect day.  And to end it all off, as the boys were strapping in Luke said, 'Mom, thanks sooo much for bringing us here.' and all the boys chimed in with gratitude.  I love those boys. 
While Andrea and Melodie headed back to Melodie's, me and the boys were off to B.J. and Kara's!

No comments: