We got home from our Awesome trip to California for more fun the next morning.
Our COLOR ME RAD RACE!
We'd practiced....(cough--one time) on the canal for our run...we had our water, we were ready! We were running it with a bunch of other families in the ward so we joined up with them that morning and go tall decked out. The Hamiltons run these races in other states and had tons of garb for everyone--they're so nice. Here we are prior-color:
The morning was such a nice cool temperature, my mom was so sweet and watched Max all morning. I struggled over if I should bring the stroller for Rhett. On our practice run he loved running like the big boys (he was soooo stink'n adorable running with his little arms pumping!) I knew the stroller would be a mess but wanted it just in case. I'm so so glad I did too cause there were SOOOO many people everywhere and Rhett was super nervous because of it and stayed in there most of the run. Plus it was so so nice to know where he was, and just have to keep my eyes out for Kade and Luke.
The race started, and all our group started off. We mostly walked and talked and laughed and got covered with color.
There were 'color stations' that covered people, but our friends had a GIANT box full of the color packets that they gave to everyone. I think we started with like 20 or something and all the kids and adults just threw them at each other the whole race--SO. FUN.
FINISHED!
These kids were awesome! We finished off the morning with wet wipe cleaning and breakfast at Denny's!






No comments:
Post a Comment