Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I love being a mom

I'd called for all the boys and we were starting our walk to church when I looked down and saw Rhett was completely ready...suit, hair, backpack and everything...but didn't have shoes on....silly silly.
So, since we're commonly 'almost late' Kade ran super fast, got them and put them on Rhett.  


I thought it was sweet. 
Mostly because this is the way Kade lives his life. He's always helping his brothers with something

And here's the way Luke lives his life--ha!


This is just so random.  I was using this as my scoop for my laundry detergent.  I was making more so it was out and Rhett was playing with it. He started sobbing and came up to me with this in his hands.  He felt so bad he'd broken it and must have felt that it mattered so much to me.  It was just so sincere of an apology he gave that it made me almost cry.

When we went to B.J. and Kara's ward in California, Kade's primary teacher made quite an impact on him.   The lesson was on the word of wisdom and I guess the teacher had told the class how he LOVED a burger from Carl's Jr. that had Bourbon in the name.  He said he didn't think it even had Bourbon IN it, but asked the class if he should eat it?  I guess all the kids emphatically said 'no!'.  
Fast forward a month:
After grocery shopping with the 4 boys,I thought they'd done really well so I decided to let them each pick out a treat to take home.  Kade picked some mentos gum.  When they were strapping in the car, he called out, "ahh, mom, this has green tea extract!  He spit out what was in his mouth and gave up his treat.  Sweet.

Max and Rhett playing in the backyard.
They LOVE each other .(despite the fact that Rhett doesnt' ALWAYS realize that his screaming means, "I don't actually love that." ha!)  They really do play well together though and Max is getting to be such a big kid. He's mimicking more, following more complicated directions...I saw him trying to crawl out of his crib the other night--so that's fun....but really--he's growing and I love watching that.

I walked into this one morning. Mom and Dad were finding out if Luke could tell the difference between different colors of Nerds candy.  Just thought it was sweet and cute. They're good grandparents.

1 comment:

Valori I. Perry said...

When did they paint the wall red?? Looks fabulous.

So, I love all your posts. All of them. Lots. And I know you're a mom and have heaps on your plate, so I don't mean to be rude or pushy here, but I'm kinda going crazy waiting for posts about your trip.

That's all.

You are loved and supported and a really good person.