NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM!!!
(Rhett had a green stripped shirt so that's funny cause he blends in with the green screen background....)
Okay--so honestly, we LOVE rocks in this family. I always had stashes of rocks growing up and these boys of mine loves them like crazy too. Julie--Andrea--ALL OF US. So going thru the rock section was by far my favorite. Me and Kade were almost giddy. These were sooo amazing...so...here are some of our favorites. (I know I don't necessarily NEED to bore anyone with rocks--but these are awesome..and i can :)
HUGE NUGGET!
I loved seeing the jewels section. Isn't it so cool to see the big gem with the jewel they got out of it?
Mining for diamonds would be crazy? Look how small/giant for diamonds these are in their rock bed! Awesome
I would decorate my house with this. Sooooo pretty!
You know what's not pretty? The oar fish! Wowza! It's so long! Can you imagine swimming and seeing that thing next to you! On wikipedia there was a picture of one that was 23 feet long! Gross. Also awesome. But mostly gross :)
Kade took so many notes during the museum. I LOVED IT SO BAD!
Max in the Butterfly room.
Say, "Butterflies are awesome!"
The museum was so modern and exciting with this nice big room with so many interactive displays.
Rhett in front of the thermal imaging camera.
Here's the deal...dinosaur bones are cool? But...I just don't really care about them. The boys liked them but we were really all about the rocks.
So just randomly as we were walking through this room by the statue, the boys sat there and posed as statues. It made us giggle.
At the end they got to pick out something to bring home. They were so perfectly suited for these boys. Rhett picked a dinosaur slap bracelet and bag or rocks. Luke picked an excavation kit, and Kade picked a book about rocks--which I covet but he kindly shares.
That night we went to Chili's with Mel and Justin! Rhett likes his Uncle Justin a little bit....
Both of them are HIL.ARIOUS.

















No comments:
Post a Comment