I LOVE THESE BOYS!!!
(And even though I might mention later that Jess didn't have the BEST time camping--he still loved parts of it...so...that's good! Just look at that smile--I love you baby!)
We had a ward camp out the other night. We've all been excited for weeks! All that day it rained...Jess got home and assumed we weren't going..."that's crazy" I said, a little rain will be fun! (ha ha, it's really so funny to see the differences in Jess and me!) Anyway, it just kept on raining...FOREVER! Lots from the ward showed up and the sight was nice and Jess set up the tent while we ate our KFC (it was funny, because the hot dogs that everyone else brought, looked so much better).
Anyway so after we got all set up Jess had had enough of the rain and went in the tent. The boys and I roasted marshmallows in the rain (we didn't so much have jackets...because A#1--it's summer and hot,and B#2---I'm just a really good mom (and was so sure it would stop raining--the optimist in me is occasionally wrong) Turns out neither of the boys like the actual "roasted" part of the marshmallow--but they like the idea apparently...and then settled in for the night.
Kade was so excited to go to bed because we've been reading the Spiderwick Chronicles and we'd just gotten book 2 from the library (he's soooooooooo into these--it's cute). Anyway--so we read some and it was a good night. then the tent started to drip...I guess a water-proof tarp on top can only be soooooo water proof. ha ha! The boys and I were still having fun (notice the absence of one member...he's so funny (also, you should know Jess really likes being clean and dry...so....it wasn't a good combination for him.) I guess it didn't help either when both of us needed to leave the tent for a bit and I left the boys some treats while we were gone...gummy worms (in hind sight--not the best idea...), and the marshmallows were still in the tent. When we got back there were lots and lots of sticky spots, Jess stepped in a marshmallow that had been smashed into the tent....oooooh, the joys of camping. The next morning before we left I wanted to get a picture...but jess protested on account of he wasn't going to smile--he he, oh Jess, you're always so funny I say...and we went home. BUT!!! It really was so so so much fun. I loved everyone there, the company was awesome, it smelled great, the boys got in plenty of tree kicking (ninja moves on objects that mom says is okay), the rain stopped eventually and the tent was dry by morning--just about, the boys LOVED it, and Luke's new motivation to wear "big boy under ware" is so that he can pee outside like Kaden! Adventures and fun!! WE love camping!
Oh, and GUESS WHAT? Jess and I moved up to "Gold Belt" in Karate--woo woo--watch out world!
Yesterday we went on a walk with our friends who live next door. I love love love having the walking trails so close. Have I said that before. We really should go more--especially now that the weather is AWESOME! Anyway--Donna and the kids are tons of fun! We saw the coolest catapillar--it looked like it was straight out of The Labrynth (which later Donna let me borrow--I love that show! Thanks Donna!)
KADE'S FIRST BIG PURCHASE!
So Kade's been saving up his money for months now to get a Ben 10 omnitrix watch that plays games right....so at Target (months ago) it was $20...so 2 months later, now that he's been dreaming of it forever....IT'S A COLLECTORS ITEM and no longer at Target. Well, he's been into Legos for awhile now and it's a good thing too, because after much convincing, he decided that it was fine about the watch and he wanted special Legos. Jess took him and they brought back a cool Mars Mission set. Kade stayed up with us putting it all together, and then the next day-Sunday, we were all late because we just kept playing with the Legos. SO FUN! At any rate, they've been put together and taken apart and now he just makes some awesome "inventions" with it all. So here it is....KADE'S FIRST REAL PURCHASE:
I also want to say thanks to Jess for taking so many pics at the store....he usually doesn't love taking pictures in non-picture taking spots (he knows what I mean) so just thanks---I love you!
A few days ago mom sent the boys two envelopes, each with their name on it and $3 inside. They went nuts! We went to the dollar store that night. Kade fell in love with a "Transbotix" that was $6...so after 20 minutes of pleading with Luke, he gave up his Construction Mr. Potato Head to go in on it with Kade. Kade was sooooooooo happy and hasn't put it out of his sight (but is sooooooooo good with sharing it and remembering that Luke did a nice thing for him.) Then at the end they got gum balls--Luke loves putting the quarters in those "demon, make grocery shopping so much harder because kids Have to have them and now they have them at the hospital too" candy/tiny toy machines! (not that I was bitter this trip...but really--who thought of the candy machines for little kids?) ANYWAY It was soooooooooooo fun taking them there and mom--THANKS! They loved it!
4 comments:
How fun! sounds like you guys have been having a blast! Well, maybe not Jess. It would be the total opposite with Keith and I. The boys are adorable and sound like so much fun to be around.
The camping trip sounds HILARIOUS! Poor Jess! :( I love camping, but I don't think I would have loved the rain factor either, Ha Ha!
I love all the pictures and catch up ... especially the camping pictures -- and the kitchen adventures look YUMMM-MY!
I'm so, so, so excited for you guys to get here!!! I can't even wait. All these cute pictures and stories and everything make me so thrilled to get to see you guys.
P.S. No one ever said Jess was the outdoorsy type! Ha HA! What a weenie.
Post a Comment