Well, it was that wonderful time again when we get to listen to the prophets of the Lord speak. I LOVE CONFERENCE. But I guess I never really appreciated my youth (understatement) of watching the entire thing without any interruptions. One of my favorite talks was by Joseph B. Wirthlin on "Come What May, and Love It", and Jess and I both were bawling like little school girls on the next talk by Jeffrey R. Holland about angels among us---sooo great! "My beloved brothers and sisters, I testify of angels, both the heavenly and the mortal kind. In doing so I am testifying that God never leaves us alone, never leaves us unaided in the challenges that we face. “[N]or will he, so long as time shall last, or the earth shall stand, or there shall be one man [or woman or child] upon the face thereof to be saved.”13 On occasions, global or personal, we may feel we are distanced from God, shut out from heaven, lost, alone in dark and dreary places. Often enough that distress can be of our own making, but even then the Father of us all is watching and assisting. And always there are those angels who come and go all around us, seen and unseen, known and unknown, mortal and immortal.
"May we all believe more readily in, and have more gratitude for, the Lord’s promise as contained in one of President Monson’s favorite scriptures: “I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, . . . my Spirit shall be in your [heart], and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.”14 In the process of praying for those angels to attend us, may we all try to be a little more angelic ourselves—with a kind word, a strong arm, a declaration of faith and “the covenant wherewith [we] have covenanted.”15 Perhaps then we can be emissaries sent from God when someone, perhaps a Primary child, is crying, “Darkness . . . afraid . . . river . . . alone.” To this end, I pray in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, amen"
More then that....I'm not sure what happened. I do know that I felt soooooooo prepared. I'd printed off a bazillion coloring pages and conference "fun books", we'd built a fort for the front room....we were ready....Then the fort collapsed like a bazillion times and HAD to be rebuilt...the front room was insane and loud and......ha ha, I never knew this was what mom went through. But the beautiful pieces of truths that I did glean from conference were amazing and I'm excited to read them all later!
And one last thing about church--I'm in nursery in our ward and they've just put together a new manual! IT IS AWESOME! Perfect for that age and it's my new love! NURSERY MANUAL SHOUT-OUT! (I'm a nerd I know...but seriously, it's awesome and makes my calling so much easier)
2 comments:
I love the fort. I too printed a bazillion coloring pages, thanks for the email. My kids loved the word searches. (michelle)
Another shout out to the Nursery Manual- we use it for our FHE's and for the first time I feel like Brody is actually getting what we are talking about. And conference was so great, I swear it gets better every time. Love it.
Post a Comment