Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fall Festival

Jess had his feet worked on last week....He has bone spurs and Plantir Fascitis. Anyway, he had a proceedure done last year to help the Plantir Fascitis, and it didn't really work. But the doctor wanted to try it again (?) on both feet this year. Basically it's shock waves that tear apart the scar tissue on the inside of his feet. The good news is, it's been almost a week and he feels a lot better and his hobbles are less noticeable. The bad news is that the doctor said, the longer the recovery time, the better chance of it working this time around. Well, maybe next year then.

Kade is loving school and we've cut back now and only do 3 days a week. We were doing 5 but lots of times he would want to stay home so he could finishe a game of candy land, or knew me and Luke were going to bake cookies or....he'd still love school when he went, but I figured, that this is the last year that I'll get him home when I want (Georgia has such strict laws on never letting kids get out of school. It scares me a little for when he starts Kindergarten) ANYWAY, yesterday he told me that he needs to wear black shirts to school only. Kade and his friends play "Power Rangers" at recess pretty much every day, his friend Jackson is kind of the ring leader and decided that whatever shirt color you had on, you were that Ranger--Kade's favorite is the black one so...we're doing a lot of black shirts. (go go power rangers--brings me back to my elementary school days)






His school had a fall festival last week that me and the boys went to (Jess had to miss out on account of his foot thingy) last week. It was rainy so not many kids were there at first and the kids loved it! Every game they got to play till they won, the cupcake walk was a guarentee cupcake everytime, and no line for the pony ride.


They chose to go on a little theme park ride where you go around and around in circles and it lifts a little right. Well, while they were waiting for the ride lady to buckle everyone in, Luke decided to get out. So, I, not thinking said I'd sit with him. I'd forgotten that I HATE CIRCLE RIDES and I got sooooo ill. Yuck! I hate stuff like this. The whole time I just wanted to throw up (3 minutes felt like an hour) Anyone else get sick like that? It's lame I know--I'm a fun killer, but Kade loved it and Luke thought it was boring a bit.

Kaden won a fish. I'd never realized the bitter/sweetness of those games. I wanted him to win of course, but I sure didn't want a fish...that meant we needed to get all the stuff for a fish. So....he won one. He first named it Jasmine. When I asked why he said because it was one of my favorite flowers and some of his friends were named after flowers. (sweet) but then we decided it was a boy so now it's Evey....after someone on Ben 10 I think you has 8 lives or...I'm not actually sure, but that's it's name. We told him that they die really soon...just to prepare him...so everyday now that it's still alive he's soooooo excited. Plus he loves the responsibility of his new job to feed him day and night.



2 comments:

BWei said...

Too funny about the fish--hope it lives for the kids' sake but dies for your sake! :-) I hope Jess' feet recover quickly. What a pain!

Shari Davis said...

I hope you know that now, that fish is NEVER going to die, just because you told Kade it might. :) LOL You're such a great person! You've got such a contagious laugh and happy disposition. Ben and I are always saying that we just love hanging out with you guys!