HIP HIP HOORAY!!! TURNS OUT WE LOVE THE SNOW!
I've been so worried that having been away from the snow for so long was going to ruin me and that I'd hate the snow. But NO! We love love love it! What made me laugh was when it snowed a little earlier this month and I realized that we needed to buy everyone snow gear since we haven't been in Utah since Kade was 2. So when the full storm hit, we were prepared with coats, bibs, gloves, boots...the works. Turns out playing in the snow is WONDERFUL as long as I stay warm and dry.
You know how there are tons of parenting moments you wish you could take back? Times when you're just lame and don't pay attention to your kids the way you should, or don't take the time to play with them or do all sorts of dumb things instead and then at the end of the day during your prayers you just feel like a horrible parent? Well this wasn't one of those times and it felt soooo good. For realsies.
At any rate, Rhett loved the snow, we filled up spray bottles with water and food coloring and gave him a green shirt with buttons and blue jeans. We didn't have the traditional long carrot for the nose...so we chose Broccoli, which is why Rhett, with his straight forward imagination....named him "Broccoli Face."
Kade left for school that morning and insisted that it wasn't cold enough to need his coat (no snow at this point). So instead of fight that fight again, I said okay. By the time school let out there was 3 inches and the sky wasn't letting up. So, I picked the boys up, they came home and immediately dressed in their snow gear and headed down with some friends to the baseball park down the street. (it's got some great hills)
Luke came home before me and Rhett got down there crying and saying Kade had kicked him and he didn't want to go back....rad....sometimes (often) they're not so nice to each other and may or may not exchange wrestling each other down to the ground......Then when I walked down the street with Rhett and LOVED the scene of probably 20 neighborhood kids all playing in the snow and sledding together. Then one of the boys came up to me and said, 'You're two boys were fighting and one hit the other and then he kicked him and then he went home crying....." to which Kade continued the story and said that since Luke hit him, he'd pushed Luke's sled down the hill....ahhhhhhh! whats worse then having to walk down a sledding hill to get your sled...that was rough. At any rate, they made up later--and now the Winns have an awesome reputation for solving their problems with violence. :) nice.
I just wanted to point out that we now have slightly better attire for snow then we had in GA :)
2 comments:
"...his best friend Adam"...oh no! I've been replaced as the coolest Adam!!!! This looks like so much fun and even though I hate being cold, I'm jealous that our kids were not there playing and sledding too! happy Thanksgiving!!! (in a few days)
They are my nephews and I can't get over how dang cute they are!!! I'm glad you guys are in Utah. :)
Post a Comment