Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Fred Tadje

Fred Walz Tadje
January 1, 1923-
September 20, 2012

My amazing grandpa passed away in September. He's one of the kindest men I've ever known.  I'm so grateful I got to see him and talk with him before he died. 

My amazing Grandma asked all of us granddaughters to sing this song at the funeral.  It was one of their favorites while she was waiting for him to get home from the war. 

Blue Skies 
Blue skies smilin' at me 
Nothin' but blue skies do I see 
Bluebirds singin' a song 
Nothin' but bluebirds all day long 

Never saw the sun shinin' so bright 
Never saw things goin' so right 
Noticing the days hurrying by 
When you're in love, my how they fly 

Blue days, all of them gone 
Nothin' but blue skies from now on 

Try as I might, there was no way I was going to get through that. In fact, I'm pretty sure that there was probably only a handful of the 13 of us were singing at any given moment.  

Christy and Max :) 
The four of us siblings. We missed Scott--but YAY that he's serving the Lord!
Grandma and the Winn boys who were there.  She's so great. She smiles all the time. Love her!
All the cousins oldest to youngest.  (We did this growing up but on the stairs during our trip to Sun Valley for our family reunions every year.  Aaah, the good old days.)
Special :)
So....I love this crew :)

Nikki got to stay a few extra days. Here's a goodbye hug. 

No comments: