Here is a little of our comings and goings from the past couple months...nothing huge or noteworthy..just things that make me smile from the Winn clan :)
I love this face so bad! Rhett is POTTY TRAINED! WOO WOO. One day I bought two giant boxes of Pull-ups from Costco, and the next (literally) he was in underwear and sleeping through the night with no accidents. He's a champ turns out like that. He's such a sweetheart. He holds open my doors (which is hilarious sometimes because of the angle he has to hold his body at to keep heavy doors open), he knows most of his letters, he FINALLY has started to sing (he always listened but never sang along). His songs are: I am a Child of God, I Love to See the Temple, Popcorn Popping, I Like to Look for Rainbows, and the last third of the Alphabet song :) He is just such a sweetheart and loves his brothers and likes to help out in anyway possible at home.
He LOVES trains, this one. He made this one mostly by himself.
Kade was making Rhett crack up one evening (by running up the slide and pretending to fall back down it)...it made me smile.
" I thankful for shooting out candy" Rhett has added this to his prayers for the past couple of months because of the picture above. We went to a Pleasant Grove Heritage Festival right? Well, they have this fancy Candy shooting machine! It was awesome! This man would shove candy into this potato gun type do-hookey hooked up to an air compressor and then WHAM! All the candy would explode out into the air and just rain down on all the kids. It was so awesome and the kids LOVED it. Especially Rhett apparently :)
Kade is LOVING scouts! His leaders are so great! (he was on his way to walk to one of their houses to make dinner over a fire in this pic) Let's see, what's new with Kade.
Playing Red Rover before pack meeting (if I could have played Red Rover EVER recess in elementary school I would have! Such a fun game!)
Kade received his Wolf! Woo woo! He's such a great kid! I love this one. He's such a responsible, kind, loving kid. Tonight he put Rhett to bed so that I could read Harry Potter to Luke--he's nice like that. I get to teach his primary class. It's a class of 10 boys and I LOVE IT! They are such a great group of future missionaries!
Kade also just finished wrestling which he LOVED and was really good at. Twice a week for an hour he'd go to PG High and the coach there would instruct the kids, and then they'd all separate into smaller groups of 4-6 kids with the PG High School Wrestling team. It was so awesome. I don't have any actually "good" pictures on account of I never remember to take any with more then just my camera--but there you go :) (He's in the red shorts)
At the PG Heritage Festival again--here they are sawing a log--after it was done, there was a man there who branded them. It was super fun.
Ha ha--this picture makes me laugh. At the festival there was a tee pee set up for everyone to look at. We all went inside and there was a legit mountain man....turns out legit mountain men can talk and talk and talk--and not necessarily about things that may be interesting to non-mountain-men. The boys had these 'fascinating' expressions on the whole time...just waiting for us to get them out of there. ha ha--funny.

We had extra pudding and pie filling in the fridge...so dad decided to learn how to make a pie crust that day. I just liked that...and the boys are doing their reading for school....(amidst the squashes that were harvested that day.)
Ahh, our happy little Max-y! We love this guy! He's 7 months now, and just awesome. He's our happiest baby by far, and so calm and easy and...just great! He's sitting up, and gets onto his belly all the time which he doesn't so much love. He's starting to try and stand up on things and he's starting to take bottles occasionally again which is nice, and also is waking up less in the night to eat which is rad....I love him.
His brothers love him, and take such great care of him.
Rhett was potty training :) Hence the undies...but I loved how he is looking at Max like, "hey buddy!"
wo-wo-WO! (falling backwards)
Luke is SUCH a domestic kid! He loves cooking, and is always the first one to tie up an apron and help out in the kitchen! Here he is making zucchini cookies with Grandma. When we asked the boys what 'extra-curricular' thing they'd like to do, he picked "Chef Class". I loved it! They've made such cool things too. It's still going on, but the first day, they made, Carmel Popcorn, Root beer Floats, and Sloppy Joe Pie. But get this--they made their own crusts and everything! Woo woo! I'm way impressed.
The next week he made a mummy calzone, hot cocoa with eye balls (marshmallows with chocolate chips in the center) and frosted a Frankenstein cake. (he has two weeks left.)
Along with his 'domestic' side, when we were watching conference he saw me sewing patches on Kade's scout uniform and asked to learn how to sew. I loved it! (I love that I get to pass along skills even though there are no Winn girls. :)
Kade asked to learn as well, what makes me laugh is that Kade said, "don't tell any of my friends I'm doing this." Right after Luke said, "mom, tell my friends about this for sure!" ha! Silly boys.
We love living so close to our families! Here's some pics from one of our trips to Jess' family!
George flying kites with the kids.
Julie giving Rhett loves.
Saturday night it was raining a ton! Jess said since it was raining so much, they may as well shower outside. They took him pretty serious. (Luke may or may not have ran outside--in the nude--with a bar of soap. Rhett stayed a little more modest.)
Julie has been giving Kade mini lessons while we're there. He loves them.
Picnic of lunch-ables.
We went to a parade up there--and it was A MAZE ING! Because of one main reason--CANDY! When was the last parade you went to that you filled a plastic grocery bag. Look at Kade's face below--ha ha--love it! Those clowns were spraying kids and throwing out otter pops. Good times!
We all made a little stop at temple square on our way back. Aren't they so cute!













1 comment:
I can't even handle these blog posts. They make me miss you so so hard and your kids keep getting bigger and cuter and funnier and smarter! I love every story you just told. I want to squeeze little Rhett and nibble on his cheeks. Love him. Max is amazingly handsome and Kade and Lucas are adorable and so big! You're such a good mom. I love your ideas. Anyway, love your faces off!
Post a Comment