Thursday, September 6, 2012

Back to school--VALLEY VIEW

 AHHH! Back to school!  The boys had an EXTRA long summer since their school in Georgia got out in May and the schools in Utah don't start till the end of August! Wowza!  They were so excited to go to Valley View--and why shouldn't they be--it's sooooo great! Go Valley View Hawks!

A#1--They walk to school! YAY!  The love that (we'll see how they like it in the cold--but for now it's the greatest thing ever.)  And the idea that they'll get to ride their bikes there is blowing their minds!

B#2--The school has an INDOOR BRIDGE.  Yup folks--an indoor bridge--so cool.

C#3--2 recesses!  one official one, and the other is lunch-recess.  I have fond memories of rushing my lunch so I could get cool playground equipment--ahh--lunch-recess.

 So here they are! So handsome.  Also, they don't like polos--or I would totally dress my kids in polos--they're so attractive! But nope, t-shirts it is. :)  We walked to school together this morning--all 4 of us. It was such nice weather. They'd met their teachers the night before and were just giddy with excitement. Jess gave them Priesthood Blessings.  I'm so thankful for the blessing of the priesthood and for a loving Heavnenly Father who has blessed us with it on this Earth!



Luke's Description of school so far:

SCHOOL

Walking to school:
It’s really fun.  I get to climb the church tree, you know, the one that’s by the church, but that’s by the gate?  I climb that and I can see the flag next to walmart.  There are tons of great sights.  You get to see dogs sometimes and bees, and sometimes I see lizards.

Walking home from school:
Tiring and hot! Walking home with my friends is AWE-SOME.

Lunch: 
Awesome—great foods (they get school lunch) So good that I want to eat it all day.  My favorite so far is…I dunno—I’ve tasted tons of foods and I can’t decide.  I liked the chicken sandwich that we had today, the chocolate milk, the pizza—it’s good, and..that’s all

Recess: 
There is a jungle gym, some monkey bars that are crazy…my favorite thing to do is climb the jungle gym cause I can touch the very top and then just jump down into it.

Friends: 
you know that girl from Georgia?  She’s the monkey enemy. (?) At recess—she’s the enemy, but after—just regular.  My best friend is Ty. He’s got a great personality, fun, and nice.  I sit next to Kate at lunch cause she’s fun.  She has home lunch, she always has grapes! I love grapes.

Mrs. White: 
She is nice, smart, and she can read our minds!  She knows what we’re thinking and says it outloud. It happens every day!  When I was thinking about ‘when is this gonna stop’ about school…guess what?  She read my mind and said, “Lucas is thinking about going home.’ And she was right, I was.  She does stuff really fun, and today guess what? She let us make staircases out of BLOCKS—all the way to our heads! 
But there is not much to do…when we have free time. There’s something to do it’s just not that interesting.  I’d rather play my ds—but all we have to do is play with blocks or something.  I have a book baggie in my desk and I can keep 2 books in it at a time. I get to read them during silent reading—every day.

FAVORITE:
 It’s VERY well organized.  Like, every time I go in, it feels like I’m in a mansion because it has so many cool things in it—there’s a big cafeteria, and so many choices to choose from in there.  And theres so many kids in there—like there’s a family of 85 in the mansion, that’s why they had to have their house so big.  I like the library! It looks so cool because there are so many books and decorations.

LEAST FAVORITE:
It’s too long! (the day)

SOMETHING SPECIAL:
 It’s just new to me J




September 6, 2012

Walking to School:
My favorite part about walking to school is………I just like it.  It’s cool.Because I always used to go on a bus, but now I get to walk. So I get to see a lot more details and stuff like that.  It’s like an extra recess where I can play with my friends and the whole walk is like a gigantic playground.

Mrs. Bromley:
She’s super nice.  She’s always willing to give you another chance…even though I don’t need that.  She knows what you like and she knows what you haven’t done and puts it into what you have done and makes it even better and cooler.  She makes things that you’ve already done new for you. Like with multiplication, I’ve already done it, but she teaches it a cooler way.  I like show and TELL!  My favorite part is Show and Tell and I get to do it every Thursday! Today’s Thursday and I brought speed stacks.  I got to show them and do it at recess. I did a demonstration of one cycle during class and during recess I made a giant crowd came. Cause they don’t do it here so even when I do it slow…they say, ‘you do it soooo fast!’.
I like where I sit because I’m sitting next to two of my best friends—Adam Bodily and Hannah Butterworth, and Mary Meline.

Friends:
My friends here are Adam Bodily, Hannah Butterworth, Mary Meline, and Logan Jex.  They’re all in my ward.  Adam's one of my closests.  I like playing games with them, walking home.

Recess:
We used to play this game where we were 9th childs, so we could turn into different monsters in a book of mine.  The 9th children were illegal because they were able to turn into monsters—and we ran away cause it was illegal, and were going to return when it was okay to be a 9th child.  We each had monsters that no one else could turn into.  Mine was the Hippogriff, Mary’s was the Thunderbird, and Adam’s was the Rabid Werewolf.  But we abandoned the game cause we didn’t like how it was going. 
So now I play four square and soccer.

Lunch:
Anything that I’m too full to finish, you’re able to throw away.  We couldn’t do that before—we had to eat everything.  My favorite things to eat are cheese pizza, chicken patties, and hamburgers.  I like school lunch better because when I get too full to finish…like my sandwich I don’t have to finish it.  The best part is that we get an extra recess if we finish early.

Walking Home:
I like walking home from school better then walking to school.  We all leave at different times getting there but leaving school we all get to walk together.  But walking there is cool cause it’s kind of like ‘Brother time’ where you just get to walk with your brother, like Lucas. I’ve learned a few of his secrets that way. (like who he likes in his class…well, who he likes that’s not in his class, but I can’t give that up.)  But Lucas has choir on Tuesdays and Thursdays so sometimes we get a ride to school so we can get there early for him.

Riding Bikes:
I like riding bikes cause you can get to school really early and play on the playground longer, and practice speed stacking.  Nothing else.  I don’t like riding it home.  Ever ever ever ever.  I remember that one fateful night when I had to have a trial run to make mom sure that we could ride to school and back on my bike.  Oh, a dark day for the United States it was. Oh the terror. It was easy on the way there, but on the way back it was TERRIBLE.

FAVORITE:
The Library!  Because you get books and it’s cool.  The end.




5 comments:

Melodie Anne said...

This level of adorableness made me tear up a little. So cute! I love that you record all this stuff. It is so precious!

Amanda&Wade said...

Ok that has got to be the cutest post ever!! Your boys make me giggle :) I really like that they abandoned their game because they didn't like where it was going! haha, so cute.

Bridget said...

Valley View!!!
This is such a great, cute post!
You are such an awesome mom and example Cari! I love reading the things your kids say, so flippin' cute!

Adam said...

It hurts me to read the hilariousness of your kids. It hurts me to be away from all of you. They are so cool and funny and adorable!!!! COME BACK! Or...find Adam a job there or somesing.

Love your faces.

Adam said...

P.S. I don't know whose name that comment will come up under but it was Jessica. :)