Friday, March 7, 2008

Getting back into the swing of things...

So I realized that I don't have any new pictures since we got back from Utah, so to make up for it I added two of my favorite commercials for your viewing fulfillment. (if your new to this blogging stuff.. (mom, he he) Just pause the music on the side until your done watching.)We'll start this off with one of my favorite videos:



We're getting back into the groove of Georgia and loving the weather. Just a few nights ago I watched a lightening storm that lit up our house for close to an hour--it was awesome--and the thunder is so loud...I love storms!

Jess is at Shaw Air Force Base Sunday nights thru Friday and we get him on the weekends. We've been managing but missing him like crazy. Luke sees the car home all the time and get's so excited and says, "Daddy home Daddy home". It's so sad to have to remind him over and over again that it's us that's home with the car--Daddy will be home later this week. But the weekends are sooooo great!

Here's one of my favorite commercials ever--it makes me laugh everytime (Emily, Melodie, Nik and Chris plus more have seen this lots of times cause really--I just think it's so funny!) Wait...now there's way too much build up--go into it thinking--regular commercial--there--that's better. Here it is:




Oh, oh, by the way--Jess recieved the VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR AWARD for his Squadron here at Fort Gordon and we are soooooooooooooo proud of him (he's super modest about it but he works so hard and is just...just awesome. So Congrats baby! And sorry--I had to put it on the blog!)

Also, another shoutout for my little brother Scott-He was in a bouldering (rock climbing) competition last week and is just awesome! I saw the pictures and he's so good! Anyway--good job!

Oh, and Luke is officially in a big boy bed now--the crib is down and the bunk bed is up--it's so cute! He has the Superman bed on the bottom and Kade braves it in the Spiderman bed up top. As some of you know, Kade occasionally wakes up in the middle of the night screaming that he has to go to the bathroom but he's not awake enough to figure out how to do that--just enough to scream...so that's a little more interesting getting him from the top, but what else could you want in the middle of a peaceful night--some excitment!

They love how easy it is to make the bottom bunk a fort/ a spaceship/ a time machine...anything really. They're so cute together. The other day Kade told me that Luke wasn't his brother anymore, he was his buddy. Now he knows that he can be both and loves that!

Last week Kade gave a talk in primary on the Brother of Jared. He told Grandma and Grandpa Adams all of it on the phone but Grandma Winn wanted to see it so...here it is for anyone who wants to join her. It was a bit of a struggle to do it (what with Luke crying and my amazing camera work...)but it's beautiful in it's raw form I'm sure!

7 comments:

Lenae said...

Hope everything's still going smoothly with Jess away during the week... Feel free to give us a call for a get-together or for babysitting help if you need a break :)

P.S. Congrats to Jess on his award!

Angie said...

the pics on your blog didn't show up. You should re-load them.

Shari Davis said...

That was so cute!!!!! I hope you guys are hanging in there with Jess away And congrats to him! That's awesome!!!!

Angie said...

that video was really cute! They are such good kids and the video in it's raw form was awesome. Congrats to Jess by the way on his award. That's amazing.

Tiff Keetch said...

Wow! That talk was amazing! Seriously though, I'm in the Primary in my ward and our kids never do that well.

Where did you get those awesome cartoon pics?

Lenae said...

Kade was so cute- he's so articulate!

jer&ash said...

That Video was so so cute. Was he reading that or was it memorized? Very impressive! He did a great job. He must have good teachers at home. Your kids are both adorable.