Saturday, February 16, 2008

Utah Vacation!!!

So as most of you know, me and the boys spent a month out in Utah. It was great! We missed Jess like crazy and are now glad to be back but it was so so great seeing so many friends and family. It had been way too long! We miss you all and love you like crazy! I was able to spend time at mom and dad's house which was crazy busy and so fun because Nikki and her two kids were there visiting as well. Christy came down with Gavin when she could and Kade and Gavin LOVED EACH OTHER. I've never seen Kade play so well for so long laughing the whole time. It was so cute to watch! We played in the snow, made snow drinks ( ya--we know snow has lots of pollution but when you add sugar, vanilla, milk and more sugar--it's so yummy! plus--we did it all the time as kids and wanted to pass it on.), celebrated birthdays (Scott, Jared, and Val--happy b-day again), and had many-a sick days with the kids (not as fun). I can't even tell everyone how fun it was to visit with so many friends, play, go snowboarding with, have roads close and stay longer, and just have fun. Plus, I got to drive up to Oregon and stay with Jess' family and it was a blast! I laughed so hard and had a great time. Emily and her little boy Brody were there too and the boys played so well together! Kade saw his first basketball game, we went swimming, we tried to pull them in the sled in the backyard but when you're running in a foot of snow--well, it's not so fast and they get a little bored I guess. All-in-all, we played games (games are my FAVORITE!!!) ate junk food, watched movies, and just laughed the whole month! I love you all and miss you already!

4 comments:

Lenae said...

Cute pictures and cute stories! So glad you had fun (but I know Jess must be really happy to have you all back :) And being a California girl, I've never had snow drinks... But I'll take one -pollution and all- because they sound yummy!

Angie said...

yay for finally updating your blog! It sounds like you had a blast. We're so happy for ya. We wish we could have been there to see you. We are headed to Utah next week for our spring break. It's always fun to go and visit and be relaxed. Any chance you guys will ever move back to Utah?

Shari Davis said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! So fun!! We so need to get together again, play games or something!!!

Marcus, Angie & Bug said...

Cari! I didn't even know you were in Utah...and for an entire month?! It would have been great to see you. Anyway, I'm glad we can now check your blog and keep in touch with what you guys are up to.