Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Jumping Fire!




Just a little something the kids like to do....Just kidding, nobody worry--it was all supervised and had a purpose...some of our best friends out here, are our neighbors the Mozifarri's. They're both Persian and this Thursday is their New Years. So...one of the cultural traditions is to jump fire on Tuesday night in preparation for Ash Wednesday (correct me if I'm wrong Sarah) to rid yourself of the bad of the last year and get the fires energy-for a healthy new year. (it's different then the real Ash Wednesday--but that is the literal translation of the Persian term). Then that same night is their Halloween sort of; but apparently they eat healthy, with nuts and dried fruits being handed out! Awesome! Anyway--they invited us to do it with them and it was lots of fun. The kids loved it! (when will they ever get the chance again---Awesome!) So here is some of the fun:

>

3 comments:

Angie said...

I love learning about new cultures! How lucky for you guys.

Lenae said...

What a cool experience! The pictures and footage will be so much fun to look back on and talk about with the boys :)

Mommy Shar said...

Hi Jess- Through the blog train I found your family blog. Your little boys are handsome little guys. I have just one a little 10 month old boy named Alex. Hope life is treating you good. If you get a chance drop by my blog and say hello. Take care Sharie (Stewart) OwYoung