Monday, April 3, 2017

February 2015-Valentines, cuddles, backyard sleepovers










I decided to mix things up and see if the boys liked having a cutsie-wootsie (read--I put up a few decorations. HA! Valentines Breakfast. The boys LOVED it. We had pink frosted cinnamon rolls and a strawberry julius and all sorts of deliciousness. I was so surprised that the kids even cared-- being boys-- but they loved it so much!  Maybe I'll try it again next year.










It's not very often this boy gets tired enough to fall asleep on me. But when he does--ahhhhhhh.  Best feeling ever!  Love him.


Rhett with his buddy Blake from pre-school. They met at the open house and were great friends.

In February Rhett started walking home from Pre-school on Thursdays with Kade and Luke. I was so so worried that they might forget to pick him up (so I’d text mom who works at the school, and ask her to remind Luke) But everything worked out so so great. Plus Rhett felt soooo grown up to be walking home with the big kids!  He kept up, and loved how the boys stop at the church with their friends for 5-10 minutes each time to just relax, eat what they didn’t eat at lunch, and sometimes do homework.  He’d get to just play around.  Plus the boys friends are so good with him.  Anyway—he’s just getting so grown-up and loves it.



It was a reasonably warm night for February in Utah so we decided, since there was no snow on the ground--"Hey--you guys wanna sleep outside tonight?"  And of course they did. Woo woo!  We set up the tent, they brought out a few of their favorite books and games.  We tucked them in and went to bed in our own comfy bed :).  (Jess was worried the little ones would get too cold so late that night, when we went to bed he went outside and got them. He's so funny and sweet, that one.)

No comments: