Saturday, April 29, 2017

After school hike to the Waterfall

I didn't have anything planned for after school. The day was beautiful.  So instead of waiting for the kids to walk home from school I decided to go and pick them up and take them on a hike up the mountain.  
Luke's "Heart Rock"
I love where we live.  Little Max did so good,
The big kids wanted to walk all the way home from the mountain, so I just sort of stayed close in the van.  At one spot they found the most amazing treasure ever....a red plastic wagon with 3 WHEELS.  They towed that thing all the way home, with big plans of using it to move around large pieces of lumber they would subsequently find and build themselves a fort....HA!  Three days later I was able to convince them that a wagon really does need 4 wheels so it will work.  I love how often fort building is on their minds.  Makes my heart smile.

No comments: