I've been feeling anxious lately about not spending enough time with my boys. But how do you find more time in the day?
I had no good ideas. So after some prayer the greatest idea came. I didn't need to find more time in the day. What if my boys picked a day of the week and cooked WITH me? It's been working so so so well! I love having one on one time with each of them AND teaching them how to cook. Plus they feel so so good when the rest of the family enjoys, compliments, and thanks them for the meal. Here's a few of their masterpieces:

Luke's Pizza Bites
Rhett's snowman pancakes (also we should note here that Rhett picks pancakes like EVERY week. HA HA! We've had a lot of pancakes--but he loves it so...what do you do?
Luke made meatballs and rice AND this awesome Jello with 5 different types--how beautiful is that? It was way cool.
This was so so beautiful. It took like a million years though. (Kade has been very diligent in picking short meals since then. ie hot dogs, mac and cheese, waffles and so on) But for reals, he even helped me twist those homemade bread sticks! It was rad.
Mac and Cheese and we threw in some fancy fruit mousse things.
Brazilian Lemonade, pancakes and bacon-wrapped sausages.
Chocolate waffles with a berry sauce and whipped cream...yum.
It really has been such a sweet tender mercy to be able to do this with the boys. I'm so thankful for personal revelation and for a Father in Heaven that cares about what I care about.







1 comment:
You're such an awesome mom! Thanks for giving me a good idea! And such amazing kids!
Post a Comment