HIP HIP HOORAY!!! I just want to say, that after a really really rough 5 days--Lucas ROCKS at being potty trained!!! I've tried to potty train Lucas like 10 times I swear, but each time, after like a day, I'd give up (I'm not the most patient person with things that are gross). So, this time Jess and I decided that we'd try for 5 days, and if he still didn't want to, then we'd try again in a few months. Well, he took full advantage of his 5 days and didn't try to make it to the toilet once!!! That means like a MILLION clean ups. At any rate, we were happy when day 6 came.
Then---wait for it......he cried when we tried to put him in a diaper!!! And ever since then, he's done awesome! He's had like 3 accidents in 4 days! WOO WOO. I've ran tons of errands with him, and each time, he's given me plenty of notice...even going to Kade's soccer game, and drinking tons of his water...and nothing. He's so so cool and I love that he's potty trained!!! YEE HAW! Anyway, I just wanted to share the bliss! Just YAY! (plus, he's excited that he can turn 3 now. You see, Jess told him that he couldn't turn 3 until he pooped in the toilet (ha ha, we're awesome parents)...So, during his trial 5 day period, he kept telling us 'I'll go poop in Putt Putt's bathroom (where he wants to go for his birthday) He's a smart one that Luke. He's excited for his birthday now!
In other news, we used our "Special Plate" for the first time to celebrate that fact that Kade can tie his own shoes!!! YAY for him. We were most excited because it was kind of like his first real goal. I didn't really think he was ready so I didn't do much to help, (I know, I'm a lame mom) but he kept insisting on wearing his shoes with ties because he wanted to practice. And then one morning before school, as I watched, he did it! I was so happy and made a huge deal out of it--to which he said, "mom, it's not a big thing, I've done it like 3 times..." He tied and untied his shoes a million times that day on the way to school. (he says it wasn't a big deal...but he was pretty darn proud of himself) At any rate, we wrote it on the bottom of the special plate for it's inauguration---and it was awesome. Now it's hard to get him to wear anything besides shoes that tie.
Oh, and Kade's liking school now. In the past he's been kinda bored with it, and always wanted to stay home with Luke and me. So I've been worried about when school really starts next year. But yesterday (his day off) he actually said, "I wish I could be at school right now, I'm a little bored." Some people might be sad about that, but not me---IT WAS SO GREAT! He's never felt that way and just yay--just yay. I mean so he only has one month left--he likes it. It helps me to breath easier for him to start Kindergarten in August.
He's also in soccer--it's so cute to see him in his jersey that drowns him...he and another little girl on the team are at least a head shorter then everyone else. He really enjoys it and we love going to his games. Go Grovetown Hurricanes!
And we put together our trampoline a few weeks ago and IT ROCKS!!! And seriously, they've come so far. I mean the springs aren't even possible to touch from the inside. The kids hit the enclosure maybe a million times while they're jumping--and do they fall off and shatter bones--NO--they're saved from the net. They read books out there, work on their ninja moves, play random pretend troll games...and just go crazy. Plus, we love jumping with them. I was always the one that couldn't control her bounce and was off the tramp and into the raspberry bushes way too much (I know---who puts they're trampoline by a thorny raspberry bush? Well, if we wanted to jump off the giant swing set that dad built, it had to be by the raspberry bushes...so...anyway, just a terrible combination.) Anyway, the point is this, I love jumping with them and I don't have to worry hardly at all. It's tons of fun. so all-in-all, everyone should get a trampoline! (and if you don't, just come over and use ours--FUN) (oh, and thanks Jessica so so much for taking us to get it, you saved us like $100 in shipping--you're the coolest)
9 comments:
Loved the post! Congratulations to Lucas and to Kaden--those are both such big milestones. And we will totally have to invite ourselves over again and try the tramp sometime...Clara loves to bounce.
Fun!! Totally jealous!! I love the tramp! My brothers had so much fun playing ninjas on there! Yea for both Luke and Kade! You've got awesome kids! We should totally play on the tramp though!
Congrats on the potty training! Gabriel WAS potty trained for a few months, but has been rebelling against #2 since Christmas. Sigh. Soooo much fun ;)
horray for Kade and Luke!! those are huge accomplishments!!! And horray for you and Jess too!!! I love that Luke can turn 3 now!! LOL
GOOD JOB WINN'S!
YAY!! I'm so excited for all of those things!! I need to potty train Cael so badly but I keep putting it off but next weekend here we come. And so cool that Kade can tie his shoes. I totally don't help Javin and he has learned by himself too. But he can't always do it and he gets mad sometimes and then just puts back on the velcro shoes. AND, I'm so glad you got the tramp. I know my boys would love one and have tons of fun. We really need to get together and play soon because we miss you guys.
Congrats on the potty training and shoe tying success! :) Looks like I'm going to have to come over and show you my trampoline skills, ha ha. I've got front flip skills, back handspring skills, etc...
I love being mentioned in other people's blogs. I feel famous or something.
If it weren't raining so hard yesterday we would have come over to jump- we were really bored. We can't wait to come try it out.
Luke, will you come over and show Bridger how fun it is to go in the potty? That would be GREAT!
YEAH for potty trained children! I'm so jealous that both of yours are. Hannah is still a little young though. I hope it lasts forever! Mario reverted once after Hannah was born.
How fun that you got a trampoline! We will have to come jump on it with you. See if I can still do a back flip... and throw out in my back in the process.. I hate getting older.
Awesome job, Kade, for learning to tie your shoes! That is a skill you will use for the rest of your life! Nice!
No more diapers! I don't even know what that is like. I'm waiting until Summer to get Linkin done...hopefully. I didn't realize we would both have kids in Kinder next year. I love that year, they become some much MORE inquisitive.
Post a Comment