Thursday, February 5, 2009

Kaden's class had a "Pirate/Princess Pizza Party" today (on account of the letter this week was "P") and Luke wanted to dress up too. We didn't actually have any pirate stuff besides a sword so....extra fabric and my capri's sintched super tight= PIRATE!









For quiet time the other day Kade asked if they could build a fort...by themselves. I said that was fine. Kade ran back and forth from his room to ours collecting books and pillows and blankets....Then he told me his room was too big of a mess to do the fort--and WOW--he was so right.....


so (after the 30 minutes it took to clean it up) we tried it a different way...


As some of you know we got to watch our friends little girl for a few days. It was so fun (and so funny to see what two 2 year olds will do) Here are a few things that made me laugh.


One of the days I was busy with Kade for like 3 minutes, and came out to find Lilly and Luke had gotten into the fridge, found the yogurt, and amazingly enough, were eating them without making a mess--how pro-active are they?



Found Luke and Lilly sharing so well by passing my camera back and forth and posing. (Luke gets my camera oh...maybe 3 times a day...so he's had some great practice.)



Seriously...this is what I found in the fridge...little bite marks and everything...and cheese on both little one's faces--what a feast. (It's like I didn't feed them--but I swear I did!!!)




making cookies!



Frosting--wow---turns out he just kept going, and I wasn't paying attention--but he licked that cookie clean--gross!


---OOOOOH, and one more thing, so I'm a little bored with my hair...so tell me what you think. I really like the idea of blond on top and red underneath, or dark hair on top and blond underneath or brown with blond highlights.... Let's hear some opinions!

11 comments:

Angie said...

I loved it when I had blonde on top with red on bottom. I still kind of have it, but just darker on top. I love the pictures of the kids. Looks like your life has been pretty crazy, or maybe that's just every day life with kids. LOL

Steve and Katie said...

So I think they all sound cute. One of my most favorite ways I've had my hair was dark brown with blonde chunks on the top (thicker than a pencil weave). I'm thinking along the same lines myself - BORED!! We'll see what I come up with. But I'm trying to wait until after the baby is born. Then I'll really NEED the pick me up!

Melodie Anne said...

Ok. Everything you do is totally cute. I covet all your fun things and ideas. Basically I think your life sounds way cooler than mine. The boys are so so so so cute every day. That cheese made me want to barf a little bit- who can just eat cheese like that?! I think for hair I was leaning toward blonde with red but then I remembered I had never really seen you with dark hair so that could be really fun to try. Whatever you do you'll look like a super pretty.

Jessica said...

My vote is dark with blond highlights. Just do it! I would say no on the red.

Lenae said...

The cheese picture is my favorite- hilarious! I also love the pirate pics- very cool! As for your hair, I'm sure you'll look great with anything! I think my vote is for brown with blond highlights (I know, how boring am I?!)

Shari Davis said...

Ummmmmm.......You guys failed to mention that Lilli was crazy!! But both Ben and I got a pretty good laugh at all the pictures. I'm sure Lilli instigated all of it! You guys are awesome for keeping her for so long!!! You guys totally rock! And I think you would look cute with any type of hair. Honestly!

Correa Family said...

I like your hair how it is.

Your kids are so cute! I LOVE the pirate costumes. That's pretty impressive that they got the yogurt out without making a mess.

I didn't know you had mice in your house! Ewww!! What big teeth they have! LOL!

Looks like you had fun with Lilli!

NIXON STUFF said...

I had fun reading your post I to have had that cheese mouse visit our house it is funny how it finds it way back to the fridge. So your hair I say leave some blond. I would do a blond and brown on top and ya know if you want a little red you should do a auburn and blond highlight and you can do the auburn on the bottom. But what ever it will look good!

Army Petes said...

Having Lilly must have been really fun.

As for your hair... going blond on top with red under is always risky. During the rinsing process you can have bleeding and end up with some pink. (this happens to the best hair dressers. Plus it's been done for a while, time to move on.) I like the idea of a level 5,6 and 8 on top and keep the underside blond. Just talking about it is totally making me want to dig out my stuff.:)

Bart and Misty Brimhall said...

You are so much fun! We had a blast with you guys, I hope we get to hang out more before we leave. You are such a fun and funny mom, I love hearing your stories! Oh, and I think you would be so cute with your hair any way! You could pull anything off, I can't wait to see what you do!

Tiffeny said...

I love the cheese!!! Do you have a little mouse running around in your fridge? ;) Also, I made your cookies the other day, I love them!!! Just so you know, you also have fans here that think that your sugar cookie recipe is the best in the world (the ladies I visit teach). So ya, you are pretty awesome!