
So, after reading Jess' last post, I've decided to write a short rebuttal.
In reply to Jess allegations about my ostentatious behavior while having the flu (and yes, I was the worst of all who partook of it in our household---I'm almost positive.)
A#1: This post was the first I heard of Jess NOT having the flu---The first I heard of him HAVING the flu, was on the first night of the boys throwing up; in this context. "Care, I'm starting to feel a bit sick, but 'someone' really should stay in the boys room to get the bowls to the boys so they don't get it all over." So, you guessed it, that 'someone was me.
Jess was kind enough to go out to the garage to get me a sleeping bag, that much is true, but it was I who got to catch puke all night, changing bed sheets and sleeping in a sleeping bag on the ground between the two boys beds, hoping soo much that they didn't throw up on my head. (strangely enough, this was the night I got sick.)
B#2: I was actually sick
C#3: I looked really good in those pajama pants...all 3 days.
D#4: If I did yell about being so achy at three o'clock in the morning, the only people who heard me were the boys-on the second night--because I was in their room again, making them toast while Jess slept.
E#5: If I didn't "stomp" from room to room, how would anyone know to love me extra because of my ailments?
So, in conclusion--Being sick is stupid, and watching your kids be sick is the worst thing ever! (and we're all MUCH better now and have been for a week) AND...Jess is an excellent FICTIONAL writer. (love you baby!)
10 comments:
Okay, those two posts were laugh out loud funny -- I even made Boone come read them!
You guys crack me up. Thanks for the all too true reminder of how fun it is to be sick!
Tom and I spent the last ten minutes laughing our butts off after reading both of your posts. I bet you looked real cute in your jammies after 3 days. And I think you were right about stomping around to raise awareness to your sickness. Poor Cari, you truly are a wonder woman!!!
HA HA HA!!! C#3 HA HA HA!!! That one cracks me up! Can I say that when I'm not sick? I bet you did! Ow! Ow!
So glad you are doing so much better. Did you ever get your date?
You guys are so funny! And I'm sure you were rocking the 3-day-old jammie pants... besides, what's wrong with not changing for 3 days, right?! ;)
Hey Cari, Didn't know you had a blog...til now anyways! So the stomach flu went through our house too, but luckily Karlee was the only one of the kids to get it, and she's fairly good at making it to the toilet...or bucket. My poor parents took the brunt of it...and me. It's funny though how the guys can say what they want when they aren't sick, but when they are it's whine, whine, whine. "Oh, I'm so sick..." Groan, Groan, whimper, whimper. "I can't do it...I'm sick!" Oh how the tide turns! Loved your rebuttal post!
Cari, I'm with you I hate being sick!!! :( It has got to be the worst thing on the planet!!! It is amazing how when you get sick you think "this has got to be the worst I've ever felt." Then magically it is gone, and you can't even remember what it felt like. Until it comes back to haunt you again.
Hope you are feeling lots better.
You guys are hilarious! So sorry you had the flu--no fun. But I'm glad you're all better...and neither your nor Jess' great sense of humor seem to have been affected by it all :-).
OK, you two absolutely rock at blogging. I'm sorry that you were so sick, that's not fun. Maybe you should talk Jess into writing fictional novels. LOL
I was quite entertained by the story Jess wrote, but if anyone has ever been married... to a man, they know perfectly well that stories like that don't exist. Your comment back was just as funny! I love that you can quarrel back and forth on your blog!
what i want to know is why in the world did you agree to "sleep" in the boys room instead of your husband??? and why two nights in a row??? you could have at least taken turns...i tell you, women bring this upon themselves...i would never agree to such an arrangement.
Post a Comment