April 2014
A little partying to celebrate Conference and George's birthday! Huzzah!
There was a quick snowfall on Saturday. Luke was adorable and jumped outside so quickly. After 5 minutes we looked out back to see him done with the first layer of a snowman already (Best. Snow. Ever--the kind that picks up every bit of snow as your roll.) He was so awesome to get started on his own. We promptly ushered all the kids out and in a matter of 10 minutes we had this! (Complete with random antlers that Uncle Riley found in the field and chased the kids with earlier that day.)
I kind of feel like I hit on something AMAZING this year. The age-old question of
'What's the right way to do conference with kids?'
is always a baffling one.
Do you fill the whole day with games and so they like it but you get nothing out of it?
Do you make them sit and watch all 4 sessions with nothing to do so that you can maybe get something out of it?
Nope--the answer is 2 words:
HOT PADS
Honestly this is the best idea ever guys. The kids (and all the adults--these things are awesome) were able to sit still, keep their hands busy--but STILL have the brain power to pay attention to the speakers and the stillness to feel the spirit!!!
(Not to mention that when they were all done with their hot pads they gave them away as gifts!
We'll be making many a hot pads over the years! YAY!)
(okay so Max totally didn't make one, I just wanted him in the picture. But Rhett was able to do a LARGE portion of his hot pads without help. A.MAZE.ING. Just say'n)
Ahhhh. Cute.
Melodie was in town so we all congregated at Emily's house to hang out.
This is a very very very special picture. Just really really special.
I wish I could explain how hilarious this moment was...We were all laughing so so so hard. I love this family so so much. HA!

No comments:
Post a Comment