Friday, July 18, 2014

B.J.'s 2 week visit!

Hooray! So B.J. is a super smarty pants and is going to USC in for Physical Therapy.  He had a 2 week internship in March and guess where it was? SALT LAKE! So yay!  He stayed with us and it was awesome.  Yes he had to work, but he also had lots of time to play!  Then Kara even got to join us at the end. Bonus!

I love watching my brothers play with my kids.  It's the greatest cutest thing ever.  Plus my boys love them like crazy!  Turns out B.J.  and Scott AND Kade and Luke love the same game on the Nintendo (I know it's not a Nintendo...but to me all GAMING is done on a Nintendo....cause that's the greatest one) Super Smash Bro's.  It was adorable to watch the four of them playing this little game and cute that they're practically on the same level competing.



One Sunday afternoon we all decided we wanted to play volleyball...only no one had a net....or a ball.  So what do you do?  Improvise!  It was super special--but we tied a rope from one side of the house to the fence, then hung clothes on it so we had a lil--net-type-thing.  Super classy--not ghetto for those concerned :).


We all went to Trafalga and played laser-tag--cause it's essential to a good time.

One of my favorite Jack Handy Quotes eve which was very appropriate: 

“Laurie got offended that I used the word "puke." But to me, that's what her dinner tasted like.”


One of the nights I decided to try a new recipe.  B.J. helped with dinner....(afterwards mom had a talking to me about how many times a week I should "try new things"...apparently this was one too many HA HA--you win some you loose some right?)  Well the picture in the book looked amazing and I knew all the ingredients looked good---all except one that I'd never tried--Farfalle Cheese.  Apparently this little cheese is the taste of throw-up...and made the whole thing sooooo nasty.  
We all had cereal for dinner instead.  

We played racquetball, cards, scrabble and talked and talked.  It reminded me of all growing up. Anytime I wanted to play any game at all B.J. would jump up and do it right away.  Even when no one else wanted to have a tea party with chocolate milk using Nikki's teeny-tiny mini set--who would say yes every time?  B.J.  I love him!  Thanks for the visit! 

No comments: