Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Gingerbread creation splendor

I love the creations that come to fruition during our annual gingerbread house building.  Plus, who doesn't love doing anything they possibly can--WITH CANDY!?  
Rhett and I made a candy house and candy family having a snowball fight. (Apparently, according to Rhett, the rolo head on the roof is Grandpa--cause he's crazy like that)


 Ha ha! Look at that scowl on Jess' face...I don't remember what that was about.  He decided to go rogue this year and he bought a KIT!  WHAT?  So anyway Jess and Kade put theirs together.  And it was lovely.

I was WAY impressed with Luke's sledding hill! His construction was awesome and all the ideas were his.  Loved it!

 Pretty.  I especially loved their cobblestone ('candystone') path leading to the door.

 Okay...so this needs major explaining...and I don't know all of it...but what I do know goes like this.  When they were in St. George...they saw some gingerbread houses displayed.  They talked about it after and thought one in particular was really great.  Then when they started constructing it (Mom doing the pretty cake you see on the right and Dad with the gingerbread man hanging on the left....) they realized they had seen two very different pieces.....  SO, they combined them.---it's a type of Morbid Birthday Cake---maybe Deathday Cake?  They're so funny!

Scott did Lehi's dream.  Complete with Great and Spacious Building and Tree of Life and Iron Rod.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Wow! So wish I was there ... I laughed out loud at Mom & Dad's wonderful dilemma!I love the snowball fight (and yes, Rhett, Grandpa is crazy like that). Luke's was great - made me want to go sledding. Kade & Jess ... Great traditionalism. Scott, wow. I doubt that has ever been done in this medium. So much fun! Love you all!