One of the greatest things about Holidays by family, is that you get to celebrate them soooo many times! We had our first Thanksgiving with Mom, Dad and Scott the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Here are the boys 'helping' mom prepare the turkey.
On Thanksgiving Day, Jess' mom was going to do a small Thanksgiving for her parents and we'd all come up for a Thanksgiving at her house on Friday. Jess and his sisters went to visit as well that day (so fun to just have the siblings there without distractions (cough, cough...kids...cough). So that day me and the boys just played and had an AWESOMELY WONDERFUL Thanksgiving. It started with helpers for the stuffing and pie's I was making....
and whipping cream helpers....
And while I cleaned up, they drew a picture of a tree and leaves so we could write down all the things we were thankful on it until Christmas (which we did okay with for a few weeks even! :) But the tree was rad.
Then after Max was down for a nap we partied hard. We played Dance Dance Revolution (I love this game). Luke chose to play 'Life'. Now, so often as adults we get out all the snacks and chips and candy and just ruin our appetites for other meals by gorging ourselves right? But I never let my kids do that (setting healthy habits and what not...) but we threw that to the wind and seriously...it was so fun to just let them snack and eat and play and laugh. Nowhere else to be, just playing.
I honestly loved it so much!
I honestly loved it so much!
Then Rhett chose Ultimate Hide and Seek--Sardines style! Which was rad because it was dark by then and we turned off all the lights in the house--each of us equipped with a flashlight, and hid. (Sardines is my favorite cause--how fun is that to all hide together in the end!)
It was one of the best Thanksgivings ever.





No comments:
Post a Comment