Wednesday, December 25, 2013

FALL FUN!

Our neighbors, the Hormans, invited us over for dinner and to watch the BYU vs. University of Utah game.  It's funny because they are HUGE BYU fans.  They always give Jess and I condolences on living with my parents--the "U Fans"-ha!  It's a hilarious rivalry between them.  Always giving cookies with blue M and M's on BYU wins, or my parents stringing red Christmas lights up for the U, or frosting cakes brownies or...fun stuff like that.  It's funny. 
It was the first time I really recognized how much Max loves watching football.  He sat on my moms lap the entire time (COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY AND AMAZINGLY out of character for that boy.) We munched on good stuff and...the U won.  So, that happened. :)  But it was fun.

Scott is such a fun uncle for our boys.  He was just outside trying to teach Max how to pump. Cute.


The boys and I went to the zoo with our good friends the Infangers--Val, Jenny and Chris and Robyn  and all the kiddos.  Which was awesome and so fun.  I think there were around 5,000 kids between the 4 families.  I'm always amazed when we walk away from an event like that with no children getting lost.



We were in the primate house and looked into a room were our 2 floors were just one room for the gorillas.  As Rhett and I got closer we saw a gorillas fingers just holding onto the window seal but no gorilla.  Then, so quickly, this gorilla who had unknown to us just jumped from the tree to the wall (they're amazing) popped his head up and scared Rhett and I to death!



One Sunday Kade ran in excited and said they had found a snake and were trying to catch it. Ew!  So I said no, and that was gross...then I remembered I have 4 boys and they do this kind of stuff, and changed my mind and said that I should at least be there so no one got hurt.  I got outside and THEN remembered that I'm a girl and hate snakes...life is funny like that. Anyway--we got a jar and with all of us working together got that little snake in the jar with only rough patch: ( we caught it, then I maybe screamed and dropped the jar a bit letting it go....) But in the end they had an hour of fun with the snake before letting it go.

Making carmel popcorn with grandpa.

No comments: