Rhett's blessing day was a perfect day for us! Jess' family drove down Sunday morning and came to church with us to my parents ward. Afterwards we were able to bless Garrett at my parents home.

This picture reminds me how thankful I am for the priesthood. I'm grateful to my Father in Heaven that has blessed us with His power here on earth. I LOVE the Plan of Happiness and how everything is set up perfectly-to help us make it back to live with Him. Jess and I both, have been blessed to have a noble and righteous holders of the priesthood in our homes growing up, and I've been blessed to marry an incredible man who honors his priesthood by treating me with kindness, respect and love. (and he's hilarious to boot!) What a life!
(I'm pretty sure they called each other up to coordinate their outfits ahead of time--and they looked dashing!)

Afterwards we all ate such great yummy food. And everyone laughed and hung out and it was such a great feeling to have so many of the people we loved together in one room (we missed you Brysons, Andersons and Wares!!!)
I know I can't even come close to articulating how great that day was--but it really was just a gift! The love that Jess and I felt, and the happiness and joy was incredible! I went to bed with such a huge sense of gratitude. I'm so thankful for the gospel!
Here's most of my family:
Here's a pic of Jess' family (plus my nephew Gavin from my side of the family--we love him :)
I think Luke took this picture? Here's Jess and his mom



Classy Jess, classy.
B.J.'S ALL GROWN UP AND MARRIED!
Aren't they adorable? My little brother B.J. got married to a beautiful and amazing girl that we all love. Kara is so great and fun and I'm so glad she's in our family! It's crazy how much she just fits perfectly.
ANYWAY...They're wedding date was while Jess was gone in Jordan....so I had the kids...and I wanted to go soooooo badly. An awesome friend of mine (thanks Cindy!) watch Kade and Lucas, and another friend of mine gave me one of her buddy passes to get to Utah. It looked like it was going to be easy breezy...until I flew to Atlanta and found that I had gone from 9th on standby to 27th! (there was a storm somewhere...crazy airport diversions...stuff...) It was a long wait and lots of nerves were split by Jess who was texting me the entire time worrying and Rhett and me.. but we made it and it was so worth it. I was so glad I was able to go! The ceremony was perfect, and I flew home the next morning! Love you B.J. and Kara!!!

Here's B.J. and Kara at the wedding luncheon!

Here's Dad and Rhett at the reception. Rhett's middle name is Reed--named after my dad because he's amazing! I love them!

Me and Scott took like 5 pictures to get this one. We were laughing (hence the scrunched up nose there) Anyway--he's a hoot!!

I was really taken care of sooooooooo well while Jess was gone. Thanks to ALL MY FRIENDS who did so much!!! One of my friend's husband volunteered to watch the boys while we went to a womans conference. Thanks so much Tyler. Here's some pictures he took while we were gone.
Water goes in....
water goes out...
ha ha! I love it!
Here are just some random pictures that I liked from the summer...playing catch-up blog is pretty fun huh? So...here we go:
Rhett
Veges from our garden--mmmm
Okay--now for real...these are the BEST MUFFINS ever!!! We got the recipe from America's Test Kitchen and they are amazing! For real though..mmmmm
What is better then a tramp, or a slip n' slide in the summer? A tramp with a slip n'slide ON IT! You'd think anyway right? It didn't really work out so well...but it was fun thought!

This one was funny though. The boys wanted to sleep on the tramp--that's fun so we said okay. They read with the lanterns and loved it..until they came in at 2:00 in the morning soaking wet. Not from rain---but because of the humidity in the summer out here. HA HA! Who knew! (well, I'm sure we could have thought about it longer, but now we know for sure--don't sleep in the open in Georgia in the middle of the summer.)
For those of you who don't know, the boys are performing the "our garden rocks" dance. (it was pretty spectacular for awhile there....) I've never had better tomatoes! It's died since then (turns out if you leave it for 3 weeks in the middle of summer in August..it dies..go fig!

Kade graduated from Kindergarten. He's so great! This was his teacher Mrs. Copeland--she was amazing. We all loved her like crazy!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment