Saturday, September 11, 2010

Wyoming

Our trip out West was amazingly awesome. We love our families so so so much! Our first stop was Wyoming! We played Frisbee and baseball and just hung out in Grandma and Grandpa's backyard. It was great cause--turns out-- out there you can go outside and not become drenched by the humidity--there was even a nice cool breeze that made it "enjoyable" to be outside. hip hip hooray!!!

Lucas is one for being silly--and naked...so playing in a little mud and then getting hosed down by dad was perfect for him!

awwww....
We got some KFC and ate it in the park by their house...saw Dispicable Me --which was hilarious ("it was accidentely destroyed maliciously" ha ha). Kade learned that going grocery shopping with Grandma is WAY cooler then shopping with mom..and that she gets you tons of stuff.

We wanted to go swimming, and since we missed the hours to go to the Y, Aubrey brought us to her hotel pool which was so fun and we all had a blast. Plus I hadn't been in a hot tub in FOREVER and well...I love hot tubs so AWESOME!

One night we had a party! Andrea's boyfriend Andrew came up, and one of Jess' best friends drove up and we played 500 (that game scares me like I'll be trampled any moment..but it was fun to watch :), roasted marshmallows, had fireworks and played one of my favorite games--Balderdash--a fantastic time was had by all!

This is a champion picture for so many reasons..strange expressions, Jess is holding an ax...okay--maybe just 2 reasons. But here's the 500 group after they were done.



We even got to drive out and see Jess' grandparents in Tooele one of the days. Melodie (Jess' sister) taught the boys all the stellar games they used to play as kids--like High Ho Silvio--the just of this game from their youth sounds like you jump off the ledge of the retaining wall...say, "High Ho Silvio" and then run around and do it again--Jess says his sisters would do it for hours! LOVE IT!

I love Jess' grandparents--they are so so sweet and hilarious!

Also here is a beautiful picture of Melodie as she was playing with the boys! (she's a hoot!)

Grandpa Dick was in a parade for being a veteran of World War 2. He bought a few hats to try and pick which one he wanted for that day and let the boys pick out a hat from the ones he didn't use--He's so so rad! For real--I like him lots--I also love this picture of the boys with him. He's such a neat man!



Evanston has the coolest rec department ever! One of the days we were there they had a golf clinic for kids. The boys really liked it. AND--having gone miniature golfing since--they have improved DRAMATICALLY. So--good job Evanston!

Jess' mom's birthday was while we were there so we threw her a surprise Princess birthday complete with streamers, pinata and a Princess Ribbon! Woo woo! Even though it was one of those pull string pinatas, we decided to whack it with a bat anyway--Andrea was super brave to hold it on the broom for us.
I love how in this picture Aubrey, Andrea and Julie look all beautiful and Melodie has on the crazy eye and Justin looks like he kills babies...ha ha--craziesCute!

Also while we were there we went to Seven Peaks; ONE OF THE GREATEST PLACES ON EARTH! We didn't get any pictures--but for real...i love that place! Every time I go on one of the free fall rides I get so giddy--Jess, Aubrey and I did them and...just yay! So fun!

7 comments:

A Real Winner said...

favorite picture ever- Justin looking like he kills babies. I laughed so hard! Also, you did a lot of blogging and I love it all!!!! I'm so glad you guys came and now I miss you all! Love you!!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

Love garretts hair. does it every lay down or just reach for the sky like that. Jackson's hair was like that I referred to it as my chia pet. looks like a fantastic trip!

Jessica said...

That. Was. Awesome. All of it. You're funny and witty and just rad. Good job on catching up! That must have taken for.ever.

BWei said...

Wow--Looks like you guys had an absolute blast! The rappelling pics are awesome. What fun memories.

Melodie Anne said...

Those are some really pretty pictures you have of me. Real pretty.

Melodie Anne said...

Seriously though, that was like the awesomest time ever. Your boys are such perfect angels and are so funny and sweet and adorable and crazy and loving and I just miss them! Plus you and Jess are ok.

Andersontaculer said...

I'm so glad you updated your blog! I love to see your pictures! Plus I love that Garrett- he is the cutest thing ever. I need to meet that guy- maybe you could mail him to me for the weekend or something.