Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Baseball game, School, teeth...you know..stuff like that

A few weeks ago we took the boys to a Green Jacket's game for Family Home Evening. It was so so fun! We both thought the boys would be bored after 5 minutes but they surprised us! They got exceptionally happier though when we added a few baseball treats in the mix. In fact that was almost they're favorite part. Every foul ball that was hit Kade was hoping he could catch it...but they never came our way. About 30 minutes before we left the nicest man that was sitting on the opposite end of the stands from us, walked up, handed us a foul ball, and walked away. HOW NICE WAS THAT! The boys were thrilled! And since we had some players sitting right next to us, we had it signed. SCORE! I just love nice people!
Rhett was so happy the whole time and then just drifted off to sleep. This one has been a dream pretty much! We like that!He's so so so cute huh! I may be partial.... Every time I drive him to school he sings
"today is a wonderful day, for I am going away.
Not to the circus, not to the pool! Can't you guess I'm going to school."
It was my favorite little song when I was little and I LOVE that he sings it!


Lucas started Pre-School! He's a champion at it too! He goes three days a week for 4 hours. The things I hear about everyday, is who he did centers with (the time when they move from station to station, playing, and learning in small groups of 2 to 3) and what he did at recess. Since it's so hot here, they have a gym in th center of the building where all the kids are able to ride bikes and those little red and yellow cars. This way he doesn't have to play in the heat and almost die, but he gets to play. I LOVE IT! His favorite part of pre-school for the longest time was the fact that he got to ride with his friends to school for our carpool (one of my favorite parts too!) He's so rad though. We love the kid!

If you paid a dollar on a particular day at Kade's school(to help the hospital in our area) you got to wear a hat to school. Kade suprised me when I asked him if he wanted to, and he went straight to Jess and aske him if he could wear his Cowboy hat. The thing was HUGE! And adorable. So that's what he wore to school. He said people he didn't know were calling him cowboy all day and he loved it.
Here are the boys with their friends Tucker and Hudson at the bus stop--they're fun kids!

Notice anything missing? Kade's been wanting to loose a tooth for YEARS now! And a few weeks back at church, it finally came out. We were in sharing time and he walked up to me with the biggest grin to show me what he had in his hand. His teachers were all excited for him too--they're great! And since it was so ready--there was no blood--that was my favorite part! I'm not a big fan of wiggling teeth and all that stuff--so it was perfect!

As for everything else. Rhett is sitting up now--and pulling his knees under him while shaking his little bum back and forth (so so cute) getting ready to crawl. So that's cute!

Quote from Lucas when I picked him up at the family Y childcare, "I thought I'd missed snack time, and then BOOM-no" he he ooh, and also when he has to go to the bathroom, he'll run from the room most times saying, "Potty Alert, Potty Alert"

Jess is in school and trying to prepare his mind for the idea of Law School. We're looking around for a LSAT prep course that he can take before the real thing. And I'm just getting used to 3 kids still. It's nice that they come one at a time so that the decrease in time you have for everything and everyone doesn't seem so drastic..but it does take some getting used to. Life is great!



10 comments:

Stephanie said...

Loved your update. You guys are so awesome, and even when reading your blog post your happiness is contagious!
I LOVED your video! Especially, Rhett "dancing" when your hubby whistles. It was priceless.
Miss you guys!

Jessica said...

I almost just died laughing watching Rhett dancing to the whistles. He's adorable!!

Jay and Sherrie said...

Lots of fun stuff at your house. Your kids are so great. And SO cute!

Jay and Sherrie said...

Lots of fun stuff at your house. Your kids are so great. And SO cute!

BWei said...

Loved this post--I just eat your enthusiasm for life right up. So glad that Rhett is such a champ and that the boys are doing well in school.

Shari Davis said...

That video was SO stinkin' cute! Oh and not all of us have the luxury of having one kid at a time. Remember, I got two at once. It's been almost 2 years and I'm still not getting the hang of it. Just sayin'! :)

A Real Winner said...

I love that Rhett dances!!!! That is so cute! Does he do that when music is playing too or just when Jess whistles? I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!

Melodie Anne said...

Oooh my gosh, little Garrett dancing was the cutest thing ever!! I am so lucky to have such cute, smart, sweet, perfect little nephews.

I can't believe Kade is so old that he is losing teeth! Before I lost any I thought that losing teeth was such glam, adult type of thing. Now I realize how gross it is, but it is so exciting for him!

Plus I love that Lucas sings that song on the way to school. They are so cute. That's it- I'm going to have to come visit!

Andersontaculer said...

Oh my gosh!! I cannot believe how cute baby Rhett is! He is the sweetest thing ever! And I love the cowboy hat Kaden wore to school, how cute is he? And that song Luke sings cracks me up. They are all so cute!!!

Bart and Misty said...

Carrie, I'm pretty sure you're the cutest family ever!
I made a new blog, so change my info on your bloggers...
we sure miss you guys!