
The boys and I got our flu shots the other day. Kade knew about his shots (he needed two others as well) a few days in advance...he heard me make the appointment on the phone. ANYWAY, I got mine, then we had Kade go next so he could be a tough example for Luke. Kade was sooooooooooo scared. Once on the table he cried and was so nervous....through the tears after the first shot he mumbled out..."oh, well, that didn't hurt so bad...then the next shot and...--ya, that didn't hurt much either. Apparently the flu shot was the worst and he didn't mention it being easy. AT ANY RATE....
After all that craziness, Luke from on the chair to the side shouted out, "MY TURN NEXT!" with so much excitement. He hoped right up, winced and was done. It made me laugh at my little masochistic son! :)
TWILIGHT!
YAY! The group of us!---ha ha, it's funny cause A#1: we're trying to wear these fangs that just kept falling out but were AWESOME-thanks Linds, and B#2: it's funny to look at the group of 12 or so and try to see who stayed up for the show and who "woke up" for the show....poor Shari was so sick and so so pregnant (sorry Shar).
This was soooooooooo fun! We all went to the midnight showing of Twilight on Thursday night and amidst the cracking up due to Lindsey, Shantelle and Jessica, we really liked it. It was exactly what I expected. (we really did laugh a lot because of the awesome music and well, it was a little lower budget..) We loved it and despite the lameness at which I was a mom the next day, it was worth it (and the boys LOVED watching Kung Fu Panda while I rested!) Good idea Jessica! I loved it!
3 comments:
Alexis, the 4 year old, made her younger sister go first when getting flu shots. And when Denali didn't even notice she got a shot, she was just excited she got a band-aid. So Alexis was brave and then started bawling as soon as she got the shot and took several minutes to calm down. And she kept telling me that I was wrong and it really did hurt. Poor girl has to get Kindergarten shots soon.
Yuck I hate shots... Kamree got hers and as soon as that needle hits her leg... SCREAMS and TEARS! It's so so sad. Funny that Luke was so good and Kade was scared! Cute!
Cari! I hope you don't mind, but I found your blog through Luella's and thought I'd see what you guys are up to. Looks like there are quite a few of you guys from Monterey there in Georgia! :) Unfortunately, I don't have a blog to share my life with everybody... We're here in Nebraska (with everyone who didn't go to Georgia, of course :) ). We have 3 little ones now and Ashelyn's in Kindergarten (YIKES). Phil's just put a packet together for OTS, so we're just crossing our fingers and waiting it out. Good to "see" you guys! Your kids are so cute!
-Micaela Tice
Post a Comment