Friday, April 4, 2008

Camping & The Masters




A couple of weekends ago we went camping and it was sooooooooooooo fun! here's the thing. If it were up to me, we would have brought EVERYTHING. Toys, DVD player, tons of food, tried dutch oven cooking....I have learned something huge from Jess:

That way's lame.

Jess lives the simple life. This was our trip: We packed the tent, mattresses, and sleeping bags, Packed p'j's and poptarts, pick up a pizza on the way to the camp sight and that was it. APPARENTLY...nature is a good entertainer. Who knew? Anyway it was so fun and our first family camp out. The boys loved it and because it went so well, odds are we'll do this again--with Jess' way of packing (which apparently is from Dad Winn's influence...so thanks! (you're so smart).






Yesterday my friend Sarah and I went to the Masters Golf Tournament (well, kinda--we sorta just asked a guy outside to sell us a cheap ticket to just see the grounds on one of the practice round days.) and it was gorgeous! I also learned that I probably wouldn't be a very good golf spectator....Apparently it's a "quiet watching sport". Any more questions? I've never once been mistaken for a "quiet" type person. I'm more of a screamer--I accidently screamed once...you know...like a wooo hoo (cause it was a great hit--is that what you'd call it, a hit--a shot--a clubb'n???) that was a little too much I noticed very quickly. he he...ooh, Cari you might be saying--you're a big nerd.--Oooh, the lessons you learn. But the grounds were awesome and we had a great time!


The LAWN MOWER TRAIN


6 comments:

Tiff Keetch said...

I love your camping pics! I'm kind of like you.. I have a ginormous list of everything we "need" and when we are actually there, we don't use half of it. Maybe I'll have to take a tip from your husband.

Angie said...

sounds like you've been up to a lot of great activities lately! Way to go. Keith would be so jealous that you got to go and watch the masters. He would love that! I actually tried golfing last summer. I wasn't very good, but I will do it again this year so Ican spend time with him.

Shari Davis said...

It looks like you guys have just one big party day after day!!!! How fun! I told Ben that that's how you camp and that WE should go camping sometime! You guys are awesome! Why don't we get together more often? We totally need to!

Lenae said...

Ha ha... Well at least you didn't show up to the golf course with a cowbell or something (which would've been me ;) Love the camping pics, and like everyone else, you've inspired us to go camping too!

Jessica said...

How fun! Where did you go camping? It looks like the boys loved it. You guys are always having fun...do you ever have a boring day?

A Real Winner said...

Cari that is so funny about you at the Masters! I can just picture you getting so excited about a good hit, I can't blame you though, I would too. Also, how come my dad never brought pizza with us when we went camping? We always had hotdogs, unless we forgot them...