Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Our 2 Year Old!

So in commemoration of Luke's birthday this last month--I thought I'd write a bit about him and the joy he spreads! First--you should know, he's crazy! Just crazy. Always running and pirating, making exciting messes to clean up, and just being Luke!

Seriously–Luke has this power over my heart though. He could do the worst thing ever...and when I try to discipline him–he smiles, gives hugs, says--"I love you mommy", and looks at me with these sweet eyes–and I just melt. It’s ridiculous. Kade never tries to get out of anything like that–but Luke–oh my...it’s almost like his eyelashes are literally fluttering all the time. Goofy kid. I’m in tons of trouble though with him and I know it. Cause see, he’s going to try a lot... he’s so sneaky and so curious--and, I might have mentioned this before--he's just crazy. And ya know what–I already know that he’s going to get away with most of it. AHH-I’m going to need a lot of help with this whole mothering thing.

He’s so funny–the other day I was getting the boys breakfast ready while they were playing in their room. I hear Kade yell, “MOM–Luke's doing something bad!!!” So I ran upstairs and see a solid white child. Luke had covered his body in Desitin...oh so so covered. It was so funny though cause he was just smiling and continuing to smooth it all out after he saw I was there. And here is case in point to his getting away with anything-- I said–don’t touch anything–I need my camera-and ran downstairs...
After taking a few photo's and realizing that it was ridiculous to tell a two-year old covered in bum cream not touch anything–and then turn my back–I put him in the bath. LAME-O! He he, I’m a nerd–a cream that’s purpose is to keep a child dry–is more then likely water resistant–he he, so after fighting that thought and scrubbing his stomach for 5 minutes with soap (thinking–“really....–it’s really not going to work?”) then I took him out of the bath and just took a towel and rubbed him down. I can’t believe how much he had on him! He he, it made me and Kade laugh so much. Silly kid. (Because of my awesome “discipline technique” on this last one–he probably still thinks it’s a fantastic idea to have more desitin fun tomorrow! I’m awesome.) -(ewww, this is what happens when you wait a minute or two before taking care of a problem--on the lips! gross)
Here’s the thing though–he’s always doing stuff like that. Jess found him in the bathroom the other day, wearing jess' glasses--and brushing his teeth with everyone's toothbrush's--complete with toothpaste everywhere! (He’s always trying to break out the toothbrushes–he LOVES brushing his teeth. I think it’s hilarious that I have to limit him to 3 times a day–he'd do it all day if I let him.)
While waiting to fall asleep the other day he was just shouting letters out in a random order to a random song. It doesn’t sound strange until you imagine it–just all by himself–shouting....so loud–he he. Oh, he totally knows all his letters! He surprises me so much–cause he learned it without me. (If anyone wants motherhood lessons--I'm totally open!:) That's what ya get for being the second child I guess. I'm pretty sure it came mostly from Kade and the “Word Whammer” on the fridge that Grandma gave Kade for last years birthday. Oh, and he can count from 1-20 (well, 16-19 sound mostly exactly the same...)
Anyway--I love him sooooooooo much and I am just so much happier because I have him in my life! FUN!


At the zoo last week with our friends the Livseys for Hayden's birthday. They're showing their STAMPEDE faces!

9 comments:

BWei said...

That is absolutely hilarious. Well, be glad it was Desitin and not the contents of his diaper, which a couple of my nieces/nephews have done. :-)

Amanda&Wade said...

First of all,thanks for updating your blog so quickly... it feeds my habit! haha! Second... HILARIOUS!!! Luke is so so cute, and man that story was funny :) I hate trying to get desitin off of kamree's butt... I can't even imagine trying to get it off of her ENTIRE body! oh I laughed so hard at that one... love ya girl! You are the best mom!

Chris said...

That's awesome! Congratulations on handling it like a great mom would! We miss you guys!

Lenae said...

I love the stampede faces, but I love the idea of you trying to scrub waterproof "bum cream" ;) off Luke in the bathtub. Love you guys! And holy cow, when are we hanging out?!

Kae said...

I love it! I am still laughing about the Desitin.

Shari Davis said...

That is too cute!!!!! I laughed so hard about the Desitin cream! That stuff is HEAVY DUTY!!

Dart said...

Wow, you do have your hands full! Your boys will always remember how fun you are. Instead of being frustrated and "Really, bum cream on your face?" You laugh together at the funny situation. They will remember that you laugh a lot together.

Marcus, Angie & Bug said...

haha! that's soo cute and soo messy. I'd take mothering tips from you...it looks like you are always having fun and are so patient! It's much better to laugh over silly things like that than to get mad anyway. you have really cute kids!

Angie said...

LOL, that is too funny. My friends twin boys did that one day. What is it with 2 year old boys and desitin? I bet your kids have so much fun with you. They're so adorable.