Tuesday, April 15, 2008





Luke turned 2 on Sunday! woo woo! Sunday after church and naps--Kade hid Luke's presents, and was so excited for Luke--when I asked him why, he said, "because he'll good some good stuff and maybe he'll share with me."
And Luke did--and he's trying to share--I'm sure of it(Luke just hit the "MINE" stage and it's not always so pretty) At any rate we sang "Happy Birthday 4 or 5 times cause Luke kept wanting to blow out the candles and it was fun. Then on Monday some of his friends from the neighborhood had cake and ice cream with us.
Luke wanted a sponge-bob square pants cake for his birthday so that's what I made (I know he's only 2 but it's just so cute to hear him say his whole name.) Mom Adams gave Kaden a musical book at the beginning of the year with a bazillion songs about sponge-bob. Now Luke knows all the songs and is a HUGE fan. Anyway--it was nice and easy and now he's 2! FUN.







There's a place called Phinizy Swamp Nature Park about 15 minutes from our house. Jess and I took the kids to it a year and a half ago--and it was winter--and it was ugly. But I kept hearing good things about it and took the kids last week. IT WAS GORGEOUS!

They loved walking around and we even saw a water snake, regular snake, and tons of turtles.(and a hiker said there were two otters in the lake area and a biker said he kept seeing an alligator, but we couldn't see either.)

Anyway--this time around it really was so pretty and we loved it.

11 comments:

BWei said...

Okay, I am awed by the cake you decorated. That is fabulous! And wow, maybe we should go to the swamp...we tried going but we went in a wrong entrance and there were all these old cars and junk everywhere. It really is pretty.

Angie said...

great pics! It looks beautiful. Happy birthday to Luke. I can't believe you already have two. We need to catch up!

Lenae said...

Yay~ Happy Birthday to Luke! Thumbs up on the sweet Spongebob cake too, by the way. I just saw the comment you left a few days after Eli was born- sorry to be responding so late! Anyways, come by any time! Ben works swings, so if you want to visit when all of us are here, the mornings are best (or anytime on Fri. & Sat. ...his days off). We'd love to see you guys and of course, show off the tiny new member of the pack :)

Shari Davis said...

That's a pretty awesome cake! I'm impressed!!!! What a cute family you guys are! So when are we going to get together!!!!?!?!?!?!?!

Chris said...

Happy Birthday, Luke! Miss you guys always!

Amanda&Wade said...

Wow luke is 2!! I cannot believe that! Your boys are so cute, I can't stand it... and you are an amazing cake maker!! I knew you took a class.. but that looks awesome! My mom used to make us kids cakes like that when we were little and I have always wanted to do the same... I will need to get tips from you! Oh and the swamp looks so cool.. I'm so so jealous that you get to experience such cool stuff all the time... :)

Marcus, Angie & Bug said...

I'm jealous that when you make a creative birthday cake it actually looks super cute! hmm. at least I will have oppurtunity for a lot more practice!

Marcus, Angie & Bug said...

I'm jealous that you can make a birthday cake look really good and cute. at least i will have oppurtunity for alot more practice! your family is so cute and it looks like you are having a lot of fun!

Marcus, Angie & Bug said...

sorry you have 2 of the almost same comments. haha!

Justin and Lindsay Wilkin said...

We love Phinizy swamp! :) Just be careful water snakes and water moccasins look identical. The way you tell them apart is the water snake will swim away vs. the moccasin will hold his ground and even attack! I hate snakes! :( I am so glad that you guys loved it! We will have to go there once you guys get settled into your new place. Seriously let me know if I can help with anything. I am so excited about teaching the Y.W. tomorow night. I hope I can prove that I have "mad budgeting skill" Ha Ha! :) We love you guys lots! :)

Paul and Heidi Broadbent said...

Hey Cari-
It's Heidi (Dayton) Broadbent. I can't even remember the last time I talked to you. Looks like you are doing well. Your boys are so cute! It is funny how you can find people through these blogs. I swear if I remember right your birthday is like tomorrow or something, or maybe I could be totally wrong. But if so, Happy Birthday!
Heidi