Sunday, March 22, 2015

End of Year Favorite Randoms

The first snow-fall of the season!  I'm actually kind of lame when it comes to cold. I hate the cold..just not a fan. I love how pretty everything is....I'm just kind of a pansy in cold...ANYWAY--that being said, I'm soooo glad that even though my mind was saying, "Just let them play outside and make a snowman while you stay nice and warm inside--cause this is the start of MANY snowy days where you'll be able to do it again..." that I didn't listen. Because this winter was a doosy and this was one of our only snowy days! It was crazy. So we booked it out, made a snowman, and sled until we'd worn through to the grass and were ready for dinner.  It was so fun. I love watching the kids eat so much snow. They love the stuff--it just makes me smile.  Good Snow Day and Happy Mothering  Day.

Every Sunday it seems there is a new "fort" up in the kids rooms. HA!  This image made me laugh so we took some pictures of how "tall" Max had gotten!  It makes me laugh (read: cringe) how much stuff the kids feel they have to get out to make a fort each week.  This week it was my favorite--just some blankets tucked into the bunk beds--but when they pull out every book and every table and every toy it's so insane to try and find where the actual 'fort' is supposed to be. :)  Forts. Ha!
For Weeblos Kade and his troop did an AMAZING puppet show. They even made their own puppets and did a Star Wars theme. It was adorable and very entertaining!  Kade has Hans Solo and Chewbacca.  Aren't they all so adorable?!

For Kade's 11th b-day me and Jess took him out to do whatever he wanted. So, on the night of, he chose Tucanos---mostly because he LOVES meat with all his 11 year old heart!  He even got a specialty drink to boot!  He's so funny to watch savor his new flavors!  He even tried chicken heart--which I think was super gross and grainy and kind of disturbing, but he said he liked it...so...alrighty!

Then a couple days later Jess and I took him to a Lions Club/Outdoorsman Club Shooting Range where he got to use some high-powered air-soft riffles and shoot them at targets and pop cans.  It was fun.  It's so nice to spend some one-on-one time with that kid.  It's hard in a bigger family but it's sooo nice when we make it happen.

As it got closer to Christmas time, Rhett came into my room with a Snowman note pad and had decided that he needed to write Santa a letter.  So, since he had learned how to write most of his letters, he proceeded to ask how to spell things and get 3-4 letters on each page.  His final letter was pretty short because of how hard it is to write letters for a pre-schooler--but he was soooo adorable about it, just laying on my bed, earnestly trying to write out everything and rejecting any help.  Cute stuff.

During early morning choir one day, while practicing for their Christmas program, Luke was playing with a little suction-cup spike that had fallen off his bike helmet....and decided to suction his head for several minutes at a time.  HA! These bad boys were so bold for probably 3 days!

(incidentally, something that I DON'T have a picture of, but for which  I was so glad that his forehead decorations were covered up, was when he sang in Relief Society.  A few weeks before my friend DeAnne had asked if one of my boys could help with her Christmas lesson. She asked if he could come in at the end of the lesson, dressed as a shepherd boy, and sing Silent Night acapella for the closing song.  Rhett said he'd be too nervous, and Luke jumped at the chance. He likes to sing and I swear has no fear.  So he practiced the words with the piano for a little while and wasn't nervous AT ALL when the time came.  Her lesson was so wonderful and the Spirit was definitely there testifying to all the things she spoke of. And when Luke walked in and sang with his sweet innocent voice, there were lots of tears in the room.  It was wonderful!
Later that day she brought him over a giant plateful of cookies. He shared one with everyone and with the remainder of the cookies put the tin-foil back on and wrote, "Please ask if you'd like one". Which I thought was sweet cause he's always trying to get money from everyone for anything.  But by morning the note had changed to say, "Cookies, .50.  Please ask if you'd like one."  Oh Luke! HA!

Just cute little pic of Max and Grandma practicing the piano!

SCHOOL PICTURES!!!

KADE--5TH GRADE

LUKE-3RD GRADE

RHETT-PRE-SCHOOL

MAX-HOME WITH MOM :)

No comments: