Sunday, February 15, 2015

Max at the Dentist

I was brushing Max' teeth one night after oreo's...when I noticed a black spot on one of his new molars that just wouldn't come off. We watched it for a few days, and when it didn't go away, we called the dentist.  Sure enough, he had a cavity.  Apparently some teeth when they form, don't come together all the way in the center, leaving a deep deep cavern where once somethings inside, it can't get out--it's a tooth defect.
(which I've just decided I've had all my life--cause for reals, I brush, and still get cavities all the time--it's ridiculous....back to the story)


Anyway--they offered to bring him back in another time, put him under a heavy sedative that takes hours to kick in, so you wait in the office until he basically falls asleep.....or hook him up to an IV at a different facility....OR, since he was being a champ and doing so well for the dentist, he suggested just giving him laughing gas and he thought he'd be just fine for the filling.   So that's what we tried..... (ahh, scared....)

He was soooo brave and awesome about the whole thing.  I think he was just glad he got to watch more of the disney movie they had playing in the ceiling that he really didn't notice anything else.  It was a tender mercy and he did great.

In and out in 45 minutes and no tears or fears.  This kid rocked the dentist!  I could take tips from him for sure.

No comments: