Friday, February 13, 2015

August 2014-


It was a Saturday morning, we were in full swing of chores.  Rhett went to pick up his heart eraser that he'd gotten from his church class.  He picked it up with such a un-readable face and the words,

"Mom! Someone broke my eraser!"

I looked down at him expecting utter sadness.  Then he looked up and said,

"...and now I have 2!

I am the Relief Society Activities Person for our ward.  The Bishop wanted us to do a mother/daughter...so we had a Garden Party! It was so so pretty and lovely, we had a delicious spread, jewelry making, quilt tying and cute little tea cups for all the daughters to bring home.  We had a little photo opp too...here's  me and some of my cutsie friends that I love :)

They said this was the crazy one...apparently I misinterpreted that statement to mean 'very special'.  HA!

A few days before school starting mom and dad took us to the most delicious shaved ice place in the world!  It was called Snoasis and it's in Alpine.  Mmmmm! So so good and I don't even normally like shaved ice at all!  But make it feel like frozen silk instead of chunky ice, then add cream or ice cream to it and BAM!  Delicious!  It was a great way to say good-bye to summer :)

Here's Jess helping Max cut up his binki!  It was a big day for this little guy!  We had a big celebration with singing and cake ('birt-day cake' as Max would say it) and everything!
Opened the pantry door to find.....

One of my funniest friends Shalynn was in town visiting from Georgia! YAY!  
Drove to Jessica's and got to spend a short morning together and it was so so fun.  Just love her.

Rhett was SURE he wanted to be this awesome Knight for Halloween when we saw it at Costco! 
(Did not turn out to be the case--apparently he just wanted that awesome sword....what do you do)
And we got this ghetto little Jake and the Neverland Pirate costume.  He pulls it off well :)
Nothing better than a nice hike to the waterfall with friends!
These kids are adorable!  Their little feet can go so fast and they all had such funny things to say and such a vibrant attitude and demeanor the whole way.  Just one of those perfect days (big boys already back in school at this point)

Jess and I went with some friends to Provo's "Chalk the Walk" on a date.  (local artists rent spaces to make AMAZING chalk art...)  While out and about we saw some of our families favorite t.v. stars!  We LOVE Studio C around here, and Jess made me ask James and Natalie to have a picture with them so we could show the kids. So...yay!

Rhett used his money one day to buy a gum ball machine...as the cashier was handing him the receipt he said, "Wait, I get one of these too?!  with a giant smile. On the way out to the car, "I can't wait for Kade and Luke to get home and I'll tell them I got a receipt!"  Then to max in the car, "Max, did you know I got one of these?!"--showing him the receipt.  And before we left the parking lot I started to text Jess and tell him how funny Rhett was being.  Rhett asked what I was doing, "Texting daddy to tell him about your gum ball machine."  He said, "don't forget about my receipt!!!"

Luke set up a Fortune Telling station for all of us to visit.  See the obvious Crystal Ball?  (not a soccer ball held in place by a fake snake on top of a cooler.)  He was super legit.

No comments: