Summer 2013 Begins
These are all just random pictures but they're the start of our fun fun summer in Utah. To start it off:
This is a GREAT GREAT memory for Jess (that's me being facetious). We have a storage unit right? And it was a DISASTER. I thought we were going to need to get an additional one since there was just no more space. So we went down, Jess paid for a new one, and then I said to him...."you know, I bet we could just re-arrange this stuff and it would be just fine and we wouldn't have to get another one...."....turns out that wasn't EXACTLY what he'd wanted to do........BUT-- He was a CHAMP--cause A#1--it became clear that it was DEFINITELY not what he wanted to do...and he maybe didn't think it was going to work so much.....and I knew that he THOUGHT that but....I maybe didn't agree........so it was a little tense.....but here's the awesome part---HE DID IT ANYWAY. That's rad.
And guess what--it wasn't all for nothing. It's amazing now and I can actually walk IN TO IT! Plus once I'm in I can actually--PUT CLOTHES AWAY....it's really fantastic.
What I really love the most though--is that even though Jess and I both were grouchy--we've come sooooo far in our relationship and know what the best way to deal with 'said grouchy' is with each other. HOORAY FOR MARITAL SUCCESSES :)! 

Next, B.J. graduated from the University of Utah and was accepted into USC's Physical Therapy's program in California. It's ranked #1 in the nation for that--he's a pretty big deal.
See how supportive we are with the RED shirts and all? (It was Jess' idea..he's taking the picture but he's in red too)

Cute cute cute. These boys are adorable! This was taken the night before Jess left for Hungary. Just eat'n ice cream and watching America's Funniest Home Video's. We love that show. Max just wandered around and ate off of any one's spoon that would let him. He loves his dad.
SWIMMING LESSONS! These are amazing here. It's only like $25 and they teach them for 2 weeks. That's amazing. Also, look at this view! And finally--their teachers were awesome. Rhett's was so sweet and gentle and fun with him (they only had 4 in their class) and Luke's were crazy and played tons of games with them. Kade's was a bit more strict..and they didn't play a ton of games--which resulted in him not necessarily LOVING the lessons, but becoming a really great swimmer :)
One morning the boys decided to have a
Kool-aid/Snow Cone/ Otter Pop stand. This is them making all the ice ahead of time for their big business. My favorite part of this was the super official way they did things. I heard things from the kitchen like,
"ICE REVIEW?"
and
"PUSH CHECK."
They were pretty successful and ended up with $2.56 each. :)
That's right folks. Rhett was in ITTY BITTY BALL. and I loved it with all my heart! It's 4 weeks, and they teach the kids a different sport each week with obstacle courses and balls/mitts for all the kids...it was amazing and he was adorable.
Playing on the trampoline with each other.
Luke with some friends in the backyard pool.
Luke wanted to do Coach Pitch this summer. It was such a cute little league. No one got out...ever, everyone was pitched balls till they hit. They only went one base--unless of course they were the last batter and then HOME RUN! Everyone runs home. These little sports kill me with cuteness sometimes.
Sad story here! One evening I was making dinner. Max had decided to dunk himself in the outside pool and Kaden had proceeded to pull him out and we put him in the bath. As this was happening I left the microwave to go put Max in the bath so he wouldn't be cold....RHETT decided to help with dinner and when he heard the beep from the microwave (where I had been defrosting some orange juice) he pulled over a stool, opened the door and pulled out the orange juice container--which was super hot because I'd put it in for WAY too long and forgotten about it with the baby in the pool situation. (I know...it sounds as if I should be giving up the whole--parenting license for this one.)
ANYWAY--this little darling pulled it out to help and spilled some hot orange juice all over his face/shoulder and back. It burned and blistered so fast. We got him an ice pack/Tylenol/Neosporin and gauze pads. The worst was when he said with tears in his eyes, "mom, it hurts so bad". ARG!
Good news is this. He's super tough, and it's been a month and it's so great! Aren't our bodies amazing!
Yup Yup Yup...I made a Boredom Buster Jar for the summer. (courtesy of Pinterest :) And here was the first one we did. Marshmallows and Toothpicks are pretty exciting.
I think this was actually April....who's to say. But it was awesome so I'm leaving it.
It was a super windy day and we really we're all kind of staying inside and being glum and lame. Then a moment of sheer inspiration hit from above (really--cause I was tired and ready for bed and done with kids for the day and WHAM--the thought came that we should go fly kites instead of get ready for bed....HA! crazy....or WAS IT?) Nope, not crazy. The moment I let the words escape my mouth, "Let's go fly kites," all of us in the Winn home (minus Jess--he was studying in Provo) were instantly transformed from ornery tired turds, to an excited revitalized happy family. Tender Mercies.
Plus...seriously, I've never had better luck with flying kites! Check out that picture up there. This is Rhett with his kite WAY up there and no assistance. It really was an amazing evening.
So B.J. graduated and they did it. They really moved away.
Here are some pics from B.J. and Kara's last bits here.
Stud....The End.
HOORAY! Our AMAZING friends the Lindquists moved here in June! We've missed them and so they decided to move to us which was super awesome. Here's Rhett and Penny after Brody's baptism (which they had in their new ward before they even had unloaded their moving truck/had the keys to their house!) They're rad like that--no worries :)
Oh the joys of reaping someone ELSE's hard work. Mom has such an amazing garden established! It's so fun to just walk outside and pick gorgeous flowers to put in the house!
I had this great idea (which I've only successfully pulled off for one week....better luck in the future I suppose) to have my kids help me with dinner one night a week. LOVED IT SO MUCH! Turns out these kids can do WAY more then I originally thought. Plus, they'll be pro's when they grow up if we keep it crack'n.
ANYWAY, Luke was in charge of cutting the onions. BUT--he's no shmo! I told him it can hurt your eye's and I think it took him 15 seconds to run downstairs, grab his goggles and begin to dice those onions like a maniac. SO AWESOME that Luke!
Rhett's Lego creation. He loves to build. Plus he's so happy here! Love. Love.





















No comments:
Post a Comment