So the other night after reading an article in the Ensign with the boys, we realized that they don't have much in their rooms to remind them of what is important in life...Or reminders of the ENTIRE reason we're here.
So, we decided to try and get a picture of them in front of the temple-blow it up, and hang it in their room. (To say "we" might be a bit of an overstatement...or a flat out lie. It was me. Just me that thought having them all dress up in the church clothes on Spring Break and go as the lone adult to take pictures was the BEST IDEA EVER :)
ANYWAY so we got a picnic together with their favorite foods, drove the 10 minutes to the temple (LOVE UTAH!) and took some pictures.
I think it's HILARIOUSLY RIDICULOUS to try and get 4 young boys to:
"smile and look at the camera at the same time"
But that didn't get me to stop saying it over and over and over and over and over again.
HA! So this was our closest shot.
But I had such a great time with them. They're so wonderful and full of such an incredible spirit. Although they may yell, fight, bug, and frustrate each other, this group of boys loves each other. They all try so hard to make each other happy.
It's the unprompted moments that warm my heart.
Like this morning when Kade helped Rhett with his chore of unloading the silverware because he could tell Rhett was getting frustrated.
Or when Rhett got candy earlier this week and his first thought was to put it on his brothers dressers so they could have a surprise waiting for them when they got home from school.
Or how he plays peek-a-boo and walks around holding Max's hand.
Or when Luke does "secret service" and makes his brothers beds with notes signed, "sincerely ?????"
I am soooo insanely blessed to be a mother, and to learn from these amazing boys.
Hooray for the knowledge of the truth!
Luke asked me to take this picture so that it would look like he was picking his nose....he's fancy like that.
Rhett LOVES helping Max walk. He'll take his hand all day long and lead him around.
Special....I think he called this his Mad Scientist face.
Luke kept picture bombing Kade's pictures! HA! He's so his dad's son.
They were ready to be done before I was......
Max rocked that expression!
And this is the REALEST of all the pictures!
Max has food to keep him from crying. Luke is making a crazy face (90% of his shots) Rhett's just happy, and Kade's helping with Max. This may be the one that gets that frame.
I LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE! (and all that it represents)







3 comments:
Cari, I love these pics so much--you should just put all of them up. Seriously. So awesome. You are awesome and I wish I lived near you guys so I could just enjoy your enthusiasm and your beautiful family.
Why do I love you so much? And why do I have an insane urge to be their mom? I'm obsessed with every single one of these pictures. (Minus the finger up the nose one. I could have done without it.) Seriously. Amazing. Let's be neighbors.
Cari, What a cute idea! I have always admired the way that you parent your boys. I have looked to you over the years for inspiration. Thanks so much for all your positive enthusiasm! :)
Post a Comment