Thursday, February 16, 2012

Kade's First Pinewood Derby

So we officially have a cub scout in our family now.  Kade loves it. It helps too that Jess is one of his Wolf Den Leaders.  So each Tuesday the two boys are off to the church and Kade comes home with all sorts of smiles about hammering a nail into a board, or using a screwdriver, or trying to race the Den Leaders in a foot race.  



Kade's "money" car.  (quarters all along the bottom and pennies on top front. )

On Feb. 7th he got to enter into his first official Pinewood Derby Race. Woo Woo. He painted his car to look like a dragon.  I didn't know how much the thing weighed and we wanted to add weights so I totally took it to Wal-Mart and weighed it on their vegetable scales.  (cause I'm awesome like that :)  It was 4 oz. right....Well--when we got to the race it was only 2.75--turns out Wal-mart's ripping us off! ha ha! ANYWAY, we hot glued on tons of change and brought it up to 4.85 oz (max is 5 oz)  He loved racing his car.  And it may have helped that he won first in his Den, and 3rd overall....but he insisted the fun was in making it :) 



 All the kids awesome cars!
 So cute!  They were doing the law of the pack or something....
There were 4 cars racing for his den so this was the "race off" for the Den.


 Kade and his good friend Alex displaying their cars!
Kade getting his first badge--his Bobcat Badge from Bro. Norris--the Cub Master!  Our ward has such an awesome program. I'm so so glad about that!

1 comment:

BWei said...

Aaahh--I love it! Cub Scouts is so great. That is hilarious about the Wal-Mart scale...I found out from a leader that you can go to the post office and they can weigh them there, too. Way to go on getting his Bobcat, too, and how great that Jess is a Wolf den leader.