Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Fun


Here's some clips from Kade's 2nd grade play.  He was so so so excited to be the part of "Marty the Moose"  It was adorable and totally made me cry. It's fuzzy cause apparently we don't have the right lens for our camera but it's super tender...I may have cried after his little singing solo a little bit...the end.

Lights of the South


 It's one of those places that sets up tons of lights of Christmas stuff, Disney stuff, American stuff...you know--the works. ANYWAY, it was lovely.  Not too cold--I had a coupon--and we went with friends.

 Here are the boys with Santa.

Rhett didn't want to leave Jess' arms to see Santa this year, but he did reach his hand out just far enough to get a candy cane "nandy" from him before we left.

We do a scavenger hunt each Christmas Eve with the boys for them to find their pajamas.  This year Jess did the clues and totally rocked it.  Turns out rhyming is just something that I'm challenged with--not everyone.  The boys loved it!
One of the clues almost always leads us to lunch--this year--Burger King.  The boys were sure that we'd gone there the night before to hide it--cause how oh how could it be in their happy meals???  I like them.
Christmas Morning 2011was awesome as usual. Kade woke everyone up at 6:04 (6:00 being the earliest).
Since Christmas fell on a Sunday this year, we had Sacrament at 10:00 and needed to leave by 9:15, so....we had warned the boys that we would only be seeing what Santa brought before church and we'd open gifts after.  At 6:05 when we were all ready to go and see Luke got really sad and wanted to open the presents too... So Cari made everyone stay on her and Jess' bed until Luke cheered up determined not to have a weepy child on Christmas morning (I can be a fun killer from time to time :). It only took about 30 seconds for him to decide waiting was okay and off we went!  YAY Chistmas Morning

Luke got an amazingly awesome electric train set from Santa that all of us have been playing with.  It was so nice to take the time to just play with a few toys at a time instead of seeing what was next!  Hooray for going to church!
Kade's big gift was his 3DS. Now why--when you have a regular DS, you need a new one, is beyond me entirely.  Jess was the responsible party on this one and it made Kade SOO happy.  I still think it's ridiculous--the other one was working just fine :)  But that's all he asked Santa for so...there you go.

happy happy happy.  
We are so insanely blessed and thankful for our heath, and family, and that Jess has a job!  And especially to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ and ALL that goes with it.  Life is great!










3 comments:

Jessica said...

I love all the genuine smiles that are happening here.

Also, I thought Santa was the responsible party for the 3DS. Explain that, Cari.

Layne and Lorrie said...

Kade did so awesome! What a great kid! I think he is just a natural, really! We're thinking we might need his autograph. And I love the Scavenger Hunt thing. What a great idea! :)

A Real Winner said...

Kade was so cute!!! Also, your boys are growing up too fast. I just love them! You guys are my favorite people in the whole South. :)