Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Kade's Baptism



Kade was baptized and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on
Dec. 3rd, 2011 at 3:00.


We were so so blessed to have both mine and Jess' parents fly out for this event.  They are amazing and we're so grateful for them.

My mom and Jess' mom. They're so great!

Because they were both staying at hotels, the boys split up on Friday night and both got to spend the night with one set. They were SOOOOO excited. I can't express enough how much these boys love hotels. 
 They drew names and Luke went with my parents.  He got to watch a movie in his giant bed, get a ice cream sandwich from the hotel bar, and work out in the gym with grandma and grandpa in the morning (he was pretty excited to tell us that he could life a 10 lb dumb bell!)

 Kade apparently felt like a king in his giant bed just lying there watching cartoons with his Butterfinger (it's like grandparents know kids love sweets or something :)  They both LOVED being able to do this.  We all met up in the morning to go swimming together.  And the water was WARM!  woo woo for warm pools.  It was awesome.

 Yeah, so Luke is doing bunny ears in the family pictures...so that's nice.
Jess didn't go swimming with us because he was having too much fun taking the LSAT (the test they use to apply for Law School).  I was so glad the baptism was AFTER the big test.  Not to mention I was really glad he made it in time.  He's such a wonderful man! 
 Kaden had a joint baptism with such a great little girl named Ashley Viens.  They were so cute.  The first picture of them they were probably 5 feet apart and neither one wanted to move closer. So after much coaching...and lots of little kid funny squirming, we got them in the same picture.  It makes me laugh. 
 I heard an earful about how embarrassing it was from both of them on Saturday and Sunday.  They're sooo awesome!  (oh, and Kade's wearing his Spy Watch he got for his birthday. It's pretty much his favorite thing ever.  He wore it to the baptism, took it off to get baptized but put it back on for his confirmation.  He's funny :)


4 comments:

A Real Winner said...

I love it! I wish I could have been there! My favorite is Luke doing bunny ears in the picture. Awesome. Yay for the cute Winns!

Adam said...

I love everything about this post. Just everything. They have such awesome grandparents. I'm glad I finally got to meet your dad. He's nice.

Also, Kade, you're AWESOME!!! Good job on getting baptized and all.

Valori I. Perry said...

So, so, so exciting! The pictures are priceless! I love it all! You are such an amazing mom!!

Jay and Sherrie said...

That is so great. Wish we could have been there also. Congratulations Kade! Love you guys.