Monday, November 28, 2011

KADE'S EIGHT!


Kade turned 8 last week!  I'd say I can't believe he's that old already...but he's totally 8.  He's such a mature little man and I love his face off.  He LOVES his little brothers, he takes care of them so well.  This is my favorite quote from the other day:  

Kade: Luke will you go get me a piece of paper
Luke: No.
Kade: I'll let you sit on my head? 
(said with no humor--just in his--'here's the deal' voice)
Luke: Okay
(and out Luke comes down the hall to get some paper :)

HA! I love them!

Kade LOVES being in charge and having a challenge.  Nothing's too hard for him.  
He loves school.  He is awesome at creating things out of Legos.  His favorite color's red.  He's currently in love with Cup Stacking and practices whenever he gets a chance.  He has a Spy Notebook where he writes down all his spy-type idea's (like drawings of his future house, Ben 10 Aliens and their complete descriptions....other spy stuff :) And loves his Spy Watch he got for his birthday. (for real though--it's pretty cool :)  He loves learning and is ALWAYS teaching me things he's reading about.  (which is embarrassing cause...for real, he's still just 8- and I'm 29.)
We love you KADE! Our family is sooooo insanely blessed because you're in it!



 Birthday boy and Luke on his Birthday morning. 


We have a tradition of opening presents first thing in the morning  around here.  Jess had to leave at 6:00 so he got to start his birthday a little earlier then normal.
We only do friend birthday parties every 4 years, so Kade's been waiting awhile for this.  He had a lot of specifics (he loved his cousins birthday last year and wanted it modeled closely after it :)

 Spy Cake...

The kids sitting on the "laser chairs" (obstacle course)  about to play, 
"pop you're friends bomb before they explode..."  It was pretty intense :)
 This is all the kids with their
 "top secret" spy faces on.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KADE!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I just love having him in our sunday school class!
I've been wanting to tell you, when I first got my braces I was really worried that the kids would think they were gross and ugly. Kade said "you got braces!" and I said " I know, they look weird, huh?" and he's like "no, they don't look weird at all. Their awesome".
Lets just say, it totally made my day, cus you know, kids don't lie. :D
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KADE!

Jay and Sherrie said...

Happy Birthday Kade! We totally miss your face off. Glad it was such a great day. And the Spy part looked Amazing!

Jessica said...

He's a keeper. That's for sure. I love him. Also, you're a cool mom. For realsies.