Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Baseball, School, and lots of mud! Spring 2011

In May, Kade and Luke started baseball! Woo woo!  Kade started with 'machine pitch'.  He was so worried that all the other boys would be better then him and he'd 'let the team down'.  It was really sweet-but he did totally great!


The first game he was given the team ball for hitting the ball and getting home both times at bat. He felt so so special and that relieved his worries for the rest of the season.    I'd like to say he LOVED it and it was the best thing ever...but really, he liked getting candy from the candy stand, and he liked the treats after the games...and the baseball was just fine.

 I just asked him what he liked and didn't like about baseball, and he said, "there was nothing I didn't like about baseball, but what I did like was all my friends." And really, that's one of the best things about sports, so turns out it was a success.



Luke started with T-Ball. It was really cute. A parent needed to be on the field with them for the first 3 games.  Grandpa Winn was here for one of those games and Luke LOVED having him out there with him.  

He liked his little friends and that he got a cool hat.  He LOVED the snacks he got at the end of the games and when he got to be catcher.  




We had to run around a TON to get Kade and Luke to their different games at different parks each time and many on the same night...it was busier then I like...a taste of the future I suppose.  But they really did enjoy doing something different.


I'd say that one of Luke's favorite things about this season of baseball was bringing his money to his games and Kade's games, buy all sorts of goodies from the snack stand.  His favorite--cotton candy (seen above)  Andrea, Aubrey and Julie did tons of work getting them to their games while they were here too.  That was nice :) Thanks guys!  We LOVED that these guys could stay a bit longer after we got back from our cruise so we could play with them too.



Here's Julie studiously working on fixing a bridesmaid dress for me that didn't exactly come as modest as we would have hoped.  She's nice like that :)

 And here we are...one seat to few on our way to Chuck E. Cheese


THANKS WINNS FOR ALL YOUR HELP FOR OUR FAMILY!!!!  YOU'RE AMAZING!



For Mothers Day Jess bought me a new phone, and bought his mom some roses, which I happily inherited when she had to leave them behind...see how pretty that picture looks--bed of roses :)

...okay...remember that...cause last week (after several attempts by my cautious husband telling me to get a protective case) I dropped it on the road and cracked it....now it looks like this.  Classy with tape and everything. 


 ANYWAY--Also, Luke graduated Trinity Baptist Preschool.  He really liked it there.  He had great teachers (Ms Shannon and Ms Andrea), and we had the best carpool ever. I loved driving and listening to their kids conversations.  I also loved driving only one day a week.   It was sweet!

Here's Luke with one of his best friends Bridger after driving to school before they went in to their different classes.  Kade and Luke share my old camera so Luke brought if for the last day of school and took lots of pictures.  I love all the random things he takes pictures of.


Here's Luke and his friend Conner.  They were BEST buddies in class.  He had a good time there.  And now we'll start Kindergarten in a few weeks! FULL DAY kindergarten.  It makes me sad that he'll be gone so long this young.  But he is definitely ready for the excitement!


MARINE MUD CHALLENGE!!!  2 years ago I did this and when I found out kids could run it too, I was sooooo excited.  And the boys were even more excited.  Here they are with some good friends before the race.



Right before the race started we thought we should probably tell the boys to stay together since we wouldn't be able to see them for most of the course.  This was a bit harder for Kade...Luke lost his shoe in one of the muddy spots and had to stop to search for it amidst the stampeding children all around him. He found it and kept going without being worried at all--it was rad...


Here is Kade above Luke on a giant slab of mud, in an insane shrill voice yelling "COME ON LUKE!  HURRY!!!!"


 But after they got together things went much more smoothly :)  They LOVED the mud--and those clothes were never the same again.


HAPPY CHAMPIONS AFTER THEIR MILE MUD RUN!!!

 Luke helped Rhett feel part of the group by adding a little color to his face.


 We had tons of girls from our ward team up to do this race. There were even 6 more who should have been in this picture who were using the little girls room at the time--it was so fun!  Our team was the Muddy Buddies, and the others were Pretty Tough, and Mud Sweat and Tears.


Here I am bulldozing into the first mud bath!  (I know I look kinda--lame--BUT it's a pretty cool shot so there you have it.)


It was a 5 mile course with 20 obstacles that were AMAZING.  Here's the video from last year that has more of them covered...we didn't have a husband to follow us around with a camera this year :) but we still managed to get a few pics to prove we were there.

It was sooooooooooo fun and I was defiantly challenged!  Last time I'd been exercising and doing all sorts of healthy things--plus it was only 4 miles last time...so I thought--hey, it will be easy even though I haven't worked out for 2 years.  HA HA!  WASN'T EASY--but it was insanely fun--so there you go :)


2 comments:

Melodie Anne said...

There is nothing cuter in this world than your little boys. I think I want one. One of yours, not one of my own. Yours seem so well trained, and as evidenced by my dog baby situation training is not my forte. I love them!

Also, that picture of you jumping into the mud is amazing. AMAZING! That's the most perfect timing ever! I wish we did fun stuff like you guys and had cool pictures of it...

Love you! Come see me!

A Real Winner said...

I love your boys!!! They are so dang cute! And way to go with the mud run! I want to do one of those! You're my hero!