Monday, May 18, 2009

MARINE MUD CHALLENGE/ Pre-K GRADUATION

Last Saturday me and some friends did the Marine Mud Challenge on base. IT WAS AWESOME!

It was a 4 1/2 mile run with 17 obstacles throughout it. It started with an army crawl under mesh in the mud (while overhead marines sprayed you with a giant hose), jumping down a muddy hill into waist high water swimming under logs, climbing over logs, getting up 8 foot walls, tire runs, running through a river....
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME. I can honestly say I would run so much more if it was on a course like that---aka--not boring. We had so much fun! Jessica's husband came with the intentions of taking a picture at the beginning and end, but ended up joining us mid way through and running along with us (in his uniform--he's a trooper--thanks Adam) So we got some great shots. Plus, they made a video of it. I'll try to load it, but here are some pics of the event! YAY!!! Jess and I are totally doing this again next year!


Sarah's bum totally would have been shot off....ha ha

See how I look kinda stuck--it took a bit to get over that--turns out those logs were a bit higher then I'd thought--HA


Sarah's like 4 foot nothing, she needed a little boost from Rachel


If the video works--on this obstacle--I pulled out the "penguin slide" It rocked!


Human Ladders--Go Team Work!
ha ha--I totally thought this was going to be waist high...turns out--not so much. I look pretty here.
Finishing up.....
Our Muddy Finish

Who wants to join us next year????






PRESCHOOL GRADUATE!!!

Kade graduated preschool a couple of weeks ago. They had a great little ceremony where they sang an adorable song about how grateful they are that God made them (I love private schools :) and then "Head Shoulders Knees and Toes" in spanish, and then all the other stuff-- He LOVED school by the end and I'm so glad he did! WE LOVE YOU KADE! (for real--is this not the CUTEST pic ever? I love this boy!)

13 comments:

BWei said...

Wow, I'm so impressed!! I'd like to think I could do something like that, but I'm not sure if I could! Maybe... But seriously, that is awesome. I need to be more adventurous, I think. Also, the pic of Kaden is so stinkin' cute! You guys are so great.

Jessica said...

I'm in, even if I have a condition.

Cade is so cute and such a great kid. I bet once he's in a public school, he won't be as nice.

Totally kidding.

Nicole said...

I am SO IN for next year! I wish my dumb leg would have been okay to do this, but you would have had to piggyback me the whole way:) Looks like loads of fun -- way to go you tough chicas!

Layne and Lorrie said...

You guys are smokin'! Love the pictures! So much fun!! :)

Stephanie said...

That looks like so much fun! I really wanted to do it this year, but there were just too many other things going on. Maybe next year, we can take a week-end trip down here so we can do it. It looks like you guys had so much fun!

The Galan Family said...

It was so much fun and I am totally in for next year. (preggo or not)! In my defense, my bum was in the air because I had just bruised my shin and it was hurting to drag it across the sand. I love the pics of us trying to get over those logs and then some marine guy would come running up and hurl their body right over. I loved every minute of it!

Melodie Anne said...

I love how Cari is laughing the entire way through the race! That's awesome.

Congratulations to Kade- I can't belive he is so grown up! He looks so precious!

Jonathan and Rachel said...

Cari - Watching the video makes me want to do the race with you! You're so FUN! Love and miss ya!

Bart and Misty Brimhall said...

THAT LOOKS LIKE SOOOO MUCH FUN!! I'm sad I missed it! I miss you guys!

Justin and Lindsay Wilkin said...

Cari, that was seriously awesome!!! Looks like you guys had so much fun! I loved the video with the motivational music.

Way to go Kade!!! That picture is adorable! I am so glad that they taught him good values at school. Glad to hear the good that is going on in the world. Thanks for sharing. :)

Steve and Katie said...

K, Looks super fun!! And you know Sarah!! I love her! Her and Perry were pretty much our bestest friends ever when we first lived in Monterey (before they bailed on us ;) hehe). That was back before either of us had kids...wow! I wish I lived in GA though! I would totally love to roll in the mud with yoU!

Spencer and Shalynn said...

I am with you-I'd run way more often if there were fun things in between. :) Congrats on making it through. Kaden looks darling!

Marcus, Angie & Bug said...

Wow. I don't think I could have run 4 miles