So... here was the problem.....
and here was the consequence.....
If you'll notice Luke swiped like 10 strawberries, and tenderly took off all the green parts, and took one bite out of all of them...and placed them in the cup. Now...that's kinda cute right? Well, Not when it's like the 50th item he's swiped without asking this week. Here's the list:
Tortillas sprawled out in his bedroom from the food storage
Ritz crackers (only barely opened before I got there)
Raisin Bran all over his floor--he was sharing with friends
That cheese business awhile back...not the only time..there's been several cheese block bite instances
Fanta (all over the kitchen floor)
Apples (ALL THE TIME...I'll find half eaten apples under his bed, in the fruit bowl, in the bathroom)
It's not that we starve him...he'll not eat his lunch, and the rule is no food until dinner right....so he gets hungry and gets something. I really should be praising his pro-activeness. See, here's the thing though, I know he knows we say to always ask, but in his young little mind, he doesn't understand why--he wants it so....he'll be a pal and get it.
Anyway, so we decided time outs weren't working with this particular offence, so now it's soap...and it's...working okay...I think? I just hope he won't develop a liking for the soap like my cousin Kae's kids. Oh the joys of parenting. Anybody have good "consequences"...time outs have seemed to loose their effectiveness.
9 comments:
Ha ha ha ha ha ha!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HAha ha ha ha ahhahahaha!!! Ha ha ah ha aha ha ha!!!!!!!!!
I swear nothing ever worked with Javin and then we started throwing away toy. Poor kid lost like 15 toys the first day then it clicked and all i had to do was say do you want to throw away a toy and he hated throwing away toys so it whipped him into shape and got rid of a lot of stupid toys that we had collected through the years.
I am SSSOOOOO happy to see that we are not the only parents who have subjected their children to soap! Every time (which has only been a few times) I run Ralphy from A Christmas Story through my head and hope he doesn't go blind.
I just had to laugh at the cup of strawberries - although I know it is VERY frustrating and NOT funny! I love a book called "Love and Logic" ... which is exactly what you did ... gave him a logical consequence for using his mouth the wrong way - ie ... eating things he wasn't supposed to - so he REALLY got to eat something he wasn't supposed to! Thanks for being a GREAT mom ... parenting - yes we all do really LOVE it!
Good luck with that. I hope you find something that works.
So Noah and Gabriel arent the only ones who do this .... good to know !
Oh so fun. If soap stops working we have used pepper and now we use tobasco sauce.
My Pediatrician recommends the following in order of effectivness (if first doesn't work, move to second etc.)
1. Vinegar
2. Listerine
3. Dab of cocoa powder
4. Tabasco
I went through all of them and Tabasco was all it took. Small drop, or larger :)and we've been good to go. The older boys get it now for inappropriate language. Highly recommend it.
Thank you!!! You have just provided the answer to my current problem with Hudson: tall tale telling. No, seriously. Outright lies. He spent a good portion of the day today on his bed in time-out, hollering at me in tears about how "frusterated" he was (with me, not his behavior) about being in time out. Tomorrow, he will be eating soap instead. :) My mom used that tactic, I don't know why I didn't remember it before you jogged my brain cells. So, if Hudson tells you a solemn story about soap-eating this Sunday, you can be sure he'll be telling the truth...
Chrysta (my blog is on Wordpress, so clicking on "Pooh" won't link you to who this comment is from)
Post a Comment