Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow in Georgia!!!


YAY!! So for real, the forcast was for possible snow...but I was sceptical it would ever stick. But it did....and it's so so pretty! Friday night was super cold...Jess was off doing his homework and so I lovingly sent the boys out on their own (for real...so cold) for some awesome Georgia snow fun. Someone has to make the hot cocoa right? Right! So the snow flakes were HUGE and great packing snow and it was awesome to watch the boys play and play and play until they were little popcicles.

Then this morning the snow was still here...and the weather was so much warmer. So we all geared up and tried it out. (Jess took some pretty pictures)








It was super powder-ry...so after Jess' good hard efforts at making some sort of snow creature/fort/something, we abandoned that. Next...we don't have sleds so.......we first tried laundry baskets.....then we tried cookie sheets....and then we remembered that Jess and I had our snowboards in the garage! RIGHT! So that worked and it was awesome. YAY for snow in Georgia!!!
Here's Lucas with a lap full of snow after his first run on the cookie sheet...they were really sub-par.
First time together on the snowboard...it was pretty fast!
little snowboarder...it was pretty heavy for him to lug...but he did it!



oh...and a some crazies mentioned I looked small in my other post...it wasn't true--just the wrong angle...here is me in all of my 34 week splender! (I know my face is a little freaky...I can't explain that...it just happened that way. )

7 comments:

Lenae said...

Yay for snow fun!!!

And Cari, you look SO beautiful!

Mom's Place said...

Hahahahahahahaha! We are laughing so hard over here over the make shift snow boots!!!

You look great! Not freakish!

Jessica said...

You. Are. Hot.

Okay?

And also, how nice are you to get out in the snow and play with them? I "played" with my kids from the back door.

The Mitchells said...

What a great idea to cover their shoes with bags! My kids just had soaking wet feet. And hands, cause we don't have gloves.

And, you still are small in all your 34 week splendor. If only we could all be so lucky!!

Melodie Anne said...

I hate how non-swamp-monster-ish you are looking at 645 weeks pregerino. Unfair to fatties! Be gross like the rest of us! Also that looks so so fun! I cn't believe it snowed at all and so much! The boys are so stinking cute.

Jay and Sherrie said...

So fun! And you look totally amazing. Cookie sheets really are sub-par so I'm glad you found something better.
Miss you guys like crazy!

Stacey said...

such great pics! I just adore your family and really I wished we lived closer because i know you and I would be great friends! You always have a smile and a good thing to say! good luck with the next couple weeks! I may be right behind you with 3 boys...we'll see. :)