Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sewing, Kade's Poetry Competition, and Fatty


So, today's my due date...and no baby--BUT I got to go to Kade's poetry competition at Kade's school! It was adorable. Kade was one of the kids voted from his class to compete in the K-3rd grade competition. I recorded him practicing the night before, and when I recorded him today, it didn't work so well (our recorded is pretty old). ANYWAY, it's super cute though, he memorized it so fast and surprised me by not being nervous when he performed it.

Here's his practice (coupled with a bonus of Kade 'rapping' it and Luke 'break dancing'. They make us smile!

Also...I have some great friends (love you ladies) and my friend Jessica threw me a surprise baby shower where everyone gave me diapers (AWESOME). It made me cry a bit...so nice! ANYWAY, there are a lot of us that are due soon (16 from my ward are pregnant right now!) but here are 4 of us from the shower. Cute girls!

Here's a picture of me today...40 weeks pregnant!

I had so much fun sewing new bedding for this baby! So...here's the baby room. We had a super old ghetto couch from DI that we wanted to keep...but for it to look different. So I re-covered it and it looks a little better. (we call it the squinting couch...cause it looks good if you squint--ha ha) I used the cheapest material on account of...I didn't know how to make a cover, and it needs TONS of fabric....but I like it tons better so, there you go.






14 comments:

Mom's Place said...

You are such a cutie!!!! And Kade....too cute!

Jay and Sherrie said...

LOVE your kids! That was awesome!

Sorry about no baby. Hopefully soon! You look super great, though.

Lenae said...

Love the bedding and the curtains! You did a wonderful job! And you look beautiful, lady!

Jessica said...

Cute Kaden.

Cute room.

Cute belly.

Seriously, though.

BWei said...

The room looks great--I'm impressed with the slipcover! And thank you for your sweet thank you note--I wish I could have been there, but I am excited to get together after the baby comes and things settle down a little. Hope he comes soon!

The Mitchells said...

Everything looks so cute! And, really, any day now!! I'm so excited!

Shan said...

So cute. Kade did great and Luke's dancing was awesome. I'm excited for you guys!! Want to come here and recover my couch for me?!? Hope all is well and you look GREAT!!!

Shan said...

So cute. Kade did great and Luke's dancing was awesome. I'm excited for you guys!! Want to come here and recover my couch for me?!? Hope all is well and you look GREAT!!!

Chris said...

You are so talented! The baby room is so cute! And bravo on the couch! It looks awesome! You're incredible!

Angie said...

That's so fun! Way to go lady. You look adorable too. How fun to have another addition to your cute family.

Kae said...

You are the cutiest 40 week pregnant person I have seen. Good luck in the next coming days with the arrival of your little one. I can't wait to see him

Melodie Anne said...

Ooh! Every day that passes is one day closer to Baby Torpel!! I'm getting so excited. Everything about this blog post is totally adorable. Everything.

Jen said...

Ok you totally amaze me!!!!! COME VISIT ME cause I have things to cover! =) I'm so sorry the baby hasn't come yet. I went to the hospital 3 times before they would take Mattie out. IF only they would listen to the mom! I hope all is well and that all goes smooth and well. Love ya!

Layne and Lorrie said...

The baby's room is so cute! Good Job! And Kade did such a great job on his poem - and way to go for placing 2nd - that's AWESOME! That was really a fun thing - all those kids did so good! And you are really so cute! Kyler said, "Isn't she supposed to have her baby soon? She is still so bubbly - and bouncing around - and always smiling!" You're AWESOME and we all agree! :)