Saturday, October 31, 2009

Disney, Disney--YAY Disney

DISNEY WORLD IS SOOOOOOO GREAT!

So for REAL! This vacation was so so so much fun. We've had lots of vacations back home and to visit family but this was probably our first real FAMILY VACATION. A HUGE thanks to the Davis' for inviting us to stay with them--it was soo much fun and so nice to go with our friends-not to mention that the place we stayed was way nicer then any place we would have stayed on our own. We loved it and THANKS THANKS THANKS! Shari's blog is up too if you want to check it out here .

We drove down Friday--went swimming in the places AMAZING pirate pool (with a ship and slides and water shooters--this pool was so so great! And the next morning started our trip with Animal Kingdom. Jess, Shari and Ben went on Expedition Everest and LOVED it. Me--being great with child---and getting motion sickness since I was little gladly stayed with the kiddos! But they loved it! (Everest is in the background...see...that white blob that didn't show up...anyway--I heard the ride was awesome!)

See how tough they are?

This was a dinosaur digging area. Both boys found a spot where there were no bones--and dug till they found their own--they were pretty proud of themselves!

Sunday we just chilled. We went to church, then in the afternoon drove to the Orlando temple. It was only like 15 minutes away so it was awesome to let the kids see it. And just walk around and see how gorgeous it is. I wish I could do landscaping like the temple people...so so pretty!


Cutest quote of the week was done by Lilly our friends 3 year old. While at the temple, she ran to one of the doors, banged on it and said, "Jesus! Let me in!" SOOO CUTE! (me and Jess were laughing at this in this picture)

Monday--Typhoon Lagoon and it was so fun! Kade and Luke could have stayed all day in the wave pool and been perfectly happy. Every time that water went up for the giant wave they would scream with the happiest little faces I have ever seen! Then I'd just hold onto them while we all got washed away...FUN! Jess took Kade on some medium sized rides and he LOVED it! Then for the bigger tube rides we switched off with Shari and Ben and had so much fun!
Jess is awesome and did all the super scary rides--(which next time I am SOOOOOOOOO doing! (here's my rant) I love water parks and LOVE freefalls. And it's a good think Jess was there to keep me, and our little one inside, from going down them...I wanted to real bad...he's a smart guy...probably kept me from going into labor. Anyway--anyone up for Water Parks next summer???)


That day was perfect. We even got this giant "Garbage Pail" ice cream for everyone to share at lunch--soooo much ice cream and tons of toppings--it was awesome---Even with all of us eating it, we still had to throw tons away. FUN THOUGH RIGHT? The kids played in the sand, rode on tubes--did the lazy river thing..it was so nice!

Here is Kade's Sand Monster. I'm sure the Typhoon Lagoon people love it when parents let kids get all sandy over and over again and wash off in the water...probably right? They were loving it though!



Tuesday was Magic Kingdom. We splurged and did this pirate thing for the boys where they got their faces painted and spent like an hour with other pirate people getting medallions and swords and pictures and swearing pirate oaths. It was cute--and I think the boys really liked it...but we probably won't do it again. Luke took off all his stuff within the hour, and then just looked like we beat him cause of the makeup. And for real---should I really be encouraging stealing and lying and cheating? Probably not. ANYWAY--it was fun though.

Luke's close up


Kade's best pirate face--in the secret pirate room....



Lucas acted like we didn't give him anything to drink. He tried to lap up all the water here...he got soaked!
On the way back from Magic Kingdom. The Conductor guy let Kade and Luke open all the monorail doors and gates--that was nice!


Wednesday we went to Sea World....we went to one show, and Kade felt nasty sick. So I took him home (our hotel was like 2 minutes away--so that was nice). It was a super hot day and it sounded like comparing this Sea World to Disney was rough--the kids thought it was fine...and everyone came home early..and we played in the pool and watched movies.

Thursday we went to Hollywood Studios. Kade loved his autograph book this week and filled it up with all the power rangers here. My only regrets from the whole week were that we didn't take Kade to the Hollywood Tower Hotel Ride. He had LOVED all the rides like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain, this scary dinosaur one.....other stuff Jess took him on...and he really wanted to do this one, but after the simulator Star Tours Jess took him on Jess felt nasty so..he didn't have anyone to take him. Another time I suppose. I was so impressed with him though. He and Luke both were so brave!


Luke wanted so bad to go on the bigger rides but was 2 inches too little. He did enjoy one roller coaster called the Barnstormer something...after it he was all hysterical and happy and giddy and wanting to do his roller coaster again...and then after the second time, he said..."I don't want to do that one ever again." in a plain, "there you go" manner.

And seriously--who doesn't remember that scene from Honey I Shrunk the Kids where they eat the giant oreo? I loved that part and had Kade pose.



Here's a shot Luke took of us all relaxing. Seriously--it was such a great trip!!! Happy happy happy! (and sooooo much food...and great dinners...and just...YAY)

Ahhhhhh....

Kade and I are reading "The Chronicles of Narnia"--"The Magicians Nephew" (the first one) and without us telling him anything about it, he said this one night,
"Mom, Aslan reminds me of Jesus. He created the world and is really nice." Ooooh, it made me so happy to see this happy smart awesome little boy making these comparisons. Anyway--he's a sweet one!
The boys loved it, we loved it...it was amazing. The whole week was so much fun--it was just perfect! YAY





11 comments:

Mom's Place said...

How fun!!!!!!

Unknown said...

So much fun!! I'm so glad you guys got to go that's one thing I wish we had done while we were still close. By the way you look amazing and hardly even prego. I love that the kids got to do such cool things and next time you can go on all the crazy rides.

Jessica said...

I would go on vacation with you in a heartbeat. You are so fun! I'm glad you guys had fun. I love the last picture of them dead asleep.

Also, I'm pretty sure it was an oatmeal cream pie they ate, not an oreo. I'm just sayin.

Can't wait to hang out again!

Melodie Anne said...

Hooray! Everything is so cute and fun and I'm so glad you had a good time!! The boys are precious. I'm so glad you guys got to go!

Correa Family said...

Soooo glad you had so much fun!!!! I love the pirate faces!!

Stacey said...

I totally just blog stocked you. How have you been? We are thinking about Disneyland for Christmas so I wanted to see your pictures. You are so cute and your little family is adorable.

Stephanie said...

I'm so sad that you guys didn't like Sea World. My kids LOVED it! They wanted to go back after we were done with Disney world. I know Backwards...right? Glad you guys had fun, it would be really fun with friends!

Rachel said...

For some reason I was thinking you guys went to Disney in California... then I saw you guys sitting on a bench, and I was like, "That looks like the benches at the Orlando Temple..." and it WAS!! Yay!!! That's where I got married :) :) :) Isn't it just so gorgeous?!

Michelle said...

I LOVE Disney Vacations! If you're ever plan a trip to So. Cal, we should go together. We live about an hour away. My boys would have loved all the pirate stuff!

Spencer and Shalynn said...

Sounds super fun! You are lucky to be so close to Florida.

Andersontaculer said...

I am so so jealous you got to go to Disney World. It sounds like you had so much fun! Hooray Disney!