So, Jess has been so busy with work and school that he decided to take today off, and just do what the boys wanted to do. It was so much fun!!! We started the day off with Jess taking the boys to Monkey Joes, while I went to the gym (thanks baby).
For lunch we went to Dairy Queen which I was so happy about. (I'm sorta taken a week off my 50 days...for my birthday...and it's AWESOME.) The boys loved picking out any treat they wanted!
I got so sick....I think I ate the most--I mean seriously, I had this brownie ice cream earthquake thingy, Kade had chocolate covered strawberries (my favorite) Jess had a thin mint blizzard, and Luke had a chocolate covered cone--YUM! Seriously, I can taste them again right now. I don't know why we don't go there every day...well, I do...but yay--I can't wait to go back.
Okay--seriously, Jess' sister Melodie and BIL Justin picked out these shirts and bought them for us and WE LOVE THEM. They're from Arrested Development--ha ha---Hero Squad. LOVE THEM--thanks guys!
Then off to Putt Putt--Kade even got a hole in one! Good job buddy! I love the way they start out solid...then just sort of scoot the ball through the course to the hole. They're fun...I like them a lot.
We got home all excited to watch Avatar--but it didn't come in the mail (we love watching that cartoon! it's awesome), so instead we watched cartoons, and them made a volcano. Kade's been wanting to make a volcano FOREVER..but I just haven't done it. But today--we tried it out. We put it all together...and it just sort of...went, but then stopped. So I had this greatest idea to put the lid on, shake it, and then with my super quick reflexes, take it off and watch it explode.
Leason learned: my reflexes are not fast enough for explosives...I'm glad I learned it on a volcano and not inlisting in the FBI... I got covered in fantastic vinager...the boys liked it at least!
Kade earned his Orange Striped belt last week. He's so great at karate--pays great attention and is very good at learning new things. Good job champ!
Last week while Jess was at Youth Conference, the boys and I went to the Air Force Picnic. It was at the lake and the boys and I had an absolute blast with great food, friends and fun. They had the coolest water slide thing this year too. They just jumped from that to the lake over and over.
We are puppy sitting for our friends for the next couple of weeks. He's a mastiff, and so chill. The boys have loved it. He's a puppy...and huge. It's hilarious though cause he just doesn't care. We'll call him....nothing...he just sleeps and sleeps...eats...and sleeps.
Kade earned his Orange Striped belt last week. He's so great at karate--pays great attention and is very good at learning new things. Good job champ!
7 comments:
What a fun day for your boys! You've totally made me want some Dairy Queen! :D And the Sacketts' dog looks as big as Kade- wow!
Looks like you guys had soo much fun! I miss your cute family! PS - Did you know that M. Night Shyamalan's new movie is Avatar? The preview looks incredible! I can't help it, I'm so excited... I totally ended up watching the cartoon series on accident - it's hard not to like
How fun! What a fun time you have together as a family!!
How fun! I'm so glad you like your shirts. We laughed for so long when we saw those! I'll have to send you pictures of the ones me and Justin got for ourselves. I'm so excited for them to get here! I'm glad that the boys seem to like that dog because next time we come out we are totally bringing Obie. You guys do so much fun stuff!
It's so fun to have a "daddy" day every once in a while! Sounds like you had a great day. What's this 50 day thing?
Looks like such a fun day!!!! How did you do your volcano?? Vinegar and what else?
How fun! It sounds like you guys had the perfect day together. That's awesome that he took the day off to spend it with you guys.
Post a Comment