We initially thought we wanted orange for our focus wall in the front room....it's nice and lively right? Well, it was a bit too much--imagine a pumpkin patch....or home depot. So Jess with his heart full of love for a wife who changed her mind AFTER he'd done it...did it again. AND I LOVE the new color. It's called "powdered brick". It makes me smile. Now we just need to get some curtains and stuff on the wall and we're set! (anyone who has any sort of sense of what would look nice is WELCOME to help with that!)
Also, those are sunflowers on the table that we grew ourselves. We don't have anything pretty on the outside of our house (due to laziness and lack of funds) but Luke and I through some sunflower seeds from our bird feeder into a corner to see if they'd grow. They're taller then the boys so that's cool. We've had 4 vase-fuls of pretty sunflowers so far. Awesome and without much effort! I'm totally doing that again!
Next is the boys room...it's blue. They love it. They said they wanted an outerspace room....I'm not crafty at all, and am not sure how to go about this....so...if anyone has any ideas...we'd love to hear them!
19 comments:
Yay! So pretty. I love all the colors. That bright orange at the end was a bit much though. I like the new one much better.
I wish I had any outer-spacey ideas for you. Unfortunately I'm an idiot. All I've got in my head is this noise: Duuuuuuuuhhhhh. No outer- space ideas. Good luck and congrats on the success thus far!
P.S. Your house is so pretty and spacious! I love it! Someday we'll come visit and see it and I'll love it then too.
I thought it looked different when I came over yesterday.
I would loooove to help with the boys' room. We could paint simple little space ships and put stars and stuff. I don't know- I think it would be fun.
Did you want to make your curtains or buy them? Fabric shopping is my fave in case you want any assistance.
Oh I like it I was so worried but it turned out great! I thought the new color for your front room goes well with your rug!
It all looks great! Nice job! :)
I love the walls! The colors are perfect! Love, love, love the whatever-brick one and props to Jess for repainting it :) I love the aprons too! They're almost as cute as the "half of one good-looking and great-cooking..." ones! (I may be bias). Ok, that's a lie, I think these ones are actually cuter.
Love you!!!
I LOVE yellow kitchens and your front room WOW, It's GEORGOUS! The hard work paid off in the end...BEAUTIFUL!
YEAH! So glad to see so many fun pictures of your painted house!! HUGS!
wow, the house looks great. by the way my son samuel used to roll from room to room too. even before he could craw or walk. it was pretty funny...
Wow, painting.... one of these days (more like years...) I'll get around to that. I like the colors - and we loved the yummy braided bread! Thanks for being awesome!
Paint looks great! The red is much better than the orange - orange you glad you didn't keep it? You guys are cool.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!!!! Yay for your cutest house!!! Good job on the painting and color picking!
LOVE it! We are totally painting our apt right now, too, I can't wait to get it done! Seriously, though, LOVE tho colors!
Wow! I love the red! Of course, I guess I just love red walls. But it goes great with the rug!
Oh it looks gorgeous!! The haircut pics are great, too. Is Jess growing a goatee? :-)
It all looks so great! Way to go lady! That's really nice that Jess re-painted the room for you too. I wish I was super crafty and could give you some ideas for curtains and the boys room, but I'm not. Good luck with whatever you decide to do though!!!! The sunflowers are very beautiful too.
Cari it looks awesome! I love love it. Your whole house is so adorable. And just in case you were wondering I am ok if you send me an email telling me you updated your blog. I liked when you did that. I forget to check peoples blogs otherwise :) One day I'll jump on the band wagon I'm sure of it. Love ya!
Your house is beautiful! We've been thinkin about painting our dining room a burn orange/red and I love your pick! excellent hues!
If you ever need to borrow a latter in the future I got you covered.
Post a Comment