Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Birthdays, Bowling, and Kindergarten!

Kade's first day of Kindergarten was Monday. He's been excited about riding a bus for years now, that I'm pretty sure that the actual school was the second best thing. I know he's old enough and I know he's just freaken awesome, but it was so incredibly hard to send him off on the bus on the first day...I mean, it would be so easy for him to get lost right? Well, all was well, and I only cried a bit. About when the bus was right here....Luke said, "I miss Kade" on the walk home--ooooh...And the only reason I cried was because of how freaken cute and excited he was when the bus got there. He climbed right on up, he was sooooooo happy. (this is the child that will occasionally still cry at the child care at the gym because he thinks I might not come back) He could barely see out the window and just waved so excitedly. It was really a beautiful thing. Luke insisted on wearing his back pack to the bus stop too. Luke and I had a great day swimming, and when Kade got home at the end of the day I sorta attacked him. (next it's pretty long...but it's for posterity right...plus, I'm sure my mom and Jess' will want to read it...so...whatever!)
So...here's what he had to say about his first day:
"the first thing I remember is we had lunch...I have to go to the bathroom (as he sprints to the toilet)....I chose where to sit on the bus. The bus ride was pretty good.(wait for it)..it was so fun. It felt comfy.....and we didn't even have to wear seat belts! It didn't even take a long time to get on the bus because of seat belt problems. We picked up like 15 or 18 more kids. I didn't know anyone who sat by me. When we got to the school we went in and went to see the principal, pretty much everyone in the school was there, and we had like a thousand people. The principal counted them and found out there were a thousand there in the school. She said this was the best school in the United States, blah blah blah (ha ha--for real, he said "blah blah blah"). She said we needed healthy snacks..(thinking)...mom...can i go get my unhealthy snack and eat it (I'd sent a cup cake from my birthday with his lunch, he ran to get it.)...No way are you going to bring a pop tart or...an air head or something like that---those aren't healthy. We came back and learned every one's name. they'd whisper the names in their ears like telephone. I didn't really remember every one's names. the kids in my class are pretty good.I remember Ashley, and Chloe...I saw my friends in the hall...like Kavin, and I saw Kavin's sister Carli, and Jayden, I was in the lunch room when i saw him so I mouthed hello. Then we went to lunch. It was a long line to stand in, it was quiet cause no one could talk. At the end of the music, you could talk, you just had to whisper. I loved the lunch you packed me, mostly the (he stopped here because his mouth was completely full of cupcake....) goldfish--no not the goldfish, the grapes. I went through the hall back to our classroom, we had recess---they had a sand box--that's why I had so much sand in my shoes (he had probably 1/4 cup that i dumped out of his shoes when he got home.) I dug 4 inches into the sand. I played with Ashley at recess--the 4 inches took me the whole time of recess. Alexander pushed Jaylyn at recess because he forgot the first rule--not to fight...the whole class just circled around and watched. (awesome...) After recess we went through the hall into our classroom and had nap time. I liked the pad I was sleeping on, I didn't sleep though, At the beginning I whispered to Ashley that this school was kind of weird. I don't know why, i just thought it was weird. Since i didn't fall asleep, I just watched everyone. When we woke up, I went home. A teacher told me where my bus was, I got on. I sat next to some kid with a spider-man back-pack--he was a first grader, and a big guy. First we went to Grove Landing to drop off kids, then we came here. I told the bus driver that this was my house.the best part of the day was: all of the parts were so good that I don't know....every day gets a little funner...one of the teachers is a bit weird...cause she's a little bit too old to be teaching. She told me stuff that I already know. Oh, and we have a pretend school pet. A stuffed animal dog....I think that's pretty weird (he says with eyebrows that said "lame"). you can bring him home I guess. It was a weird and fun day. I'm happy and happy to go back tomorrow.the end of my terrific story....."

I think he's going to be just fine!

In other news, I turned 27 on Saturday--woo woo. This is what I was welcomed with...(also, my camera takes really lame pictures...it looked and tasted much better then this looks....)


It really was a great day! The first time I woke up I heard Luke coming from his bed to our room singing Happy Birthday...then Jess jumped out of bed saying, 'not yet not yet'...then I heard both little boys voices starting to sing and Jess say, 'not yet'.. then Jess and the boys came into the room singing. Jess had made breakfast; biscuits, sausage, eggs, toast, pineapple and grapes and orange juice. Oh, and a cupcake with a candle in it. It was super sweet. We all ate and Jess let me go back to bed....I LOVE RELAXING BACK IN BED AFTER BREAKFAST. It's one of those extremely rare things I get to do and I love it. So the day started great....

Jess had a full day of homework to do so he left and me and the boys went bowling.


The boys were so funny to watch. Kade was concerned and calculated...I took a million pictures just like this one...he'd throw the ball and just...be deeply concerned.....Luke just danced the whole time.

Other then the time he fell while holding his ball and split his chin and bit his cheek--that was sad-but he was super tough and got some gum from the nice bowling alley ladies.
Then Jess called and told me our babysitter was already at our house.....and I got a speeding ticket......LAME!!! (seriously, ON MY BIRTHDAY...what's the deal with legit consequences?)

Jess and I went out to dinner that night at the Chop House--YUMMY! We shared a meal again--which for real--is my favorite--because then we have plenty of room for DESSERT. It was great and one of those just really great dates--I love that man!!! He makes me smile.
That night Jess had more homework to do, so I hung out with some friends--eating more ice cream...(This weekend I gained 2 lbs...just saying...it was a good weekend!)

9 comments:

Lenae said...

I love love love that Kade said 'blah blah blah' while recounting what the principal said, and that he thought there was a teacher too old to be teaching! Seriously, could your kids be any more awesome?! I'm glad you had a Happy Birthday but not that you got a speeding ticket (definitely lame!)

P.S. I probably gained 2 lbs. this weekend too :D

Nicole said...

Cari, is he in Mrs. Copeland's class? Is the stuffed dog "Taffy"? Because Rylan was so TOTALLY in love with Taffy that I'll just die if Kade gets to take him home too:)

Jessica said...

Kade is so amazing! I loved his story. Brody said, "I don't remember anything." The end.

Lucas is a killer dancer! I love it!

Also, maybe if you remembered it was your birthday, you could have gotten out of your ticket. I'm just sayin'.

Melodie Anne said...

Everything Kade said is so funny! I loved the part about the teacher who is too old. Ha ha! They are so cute. Glad you had a good birthday, minus the ticket.

BWei said...

Okay, Kade's narrative was ABSOLUTELY hilarious. And happy birthday!!! I'm so glad that he is enjoying school, despite it being weird. :-)

Mom's Place said...

Blah Blah Blah!!! LOL!!! Hahaha - AWESOME!! Sounds like he had a great first day of school and you had a great birthday!

Winn Family said...

Nicole--he does have Mrs.Copeland. At the open house she seemed so so sweet. Did Rylan like her and Mrs. Deas? So Taffy huh? I can just see Rylan loving that to death! And Jessica--that is what Kade said too, but then I grilled him and asked every question imaginable.

Bart and Misty Brimhall said...

i am so happy to hear that you had a good bday, and reading about Kayden made me tear!
Miss you guys!!!

Joan Adams said...

I am glad you were concerned about posterity I loved reading everything Kade on his first day. Your birthday sounded great. Your so fun!!!!!!